• May 30Have a safe, productive, and fun summer...GOOOO RAYS!
  • May 14Fare thee well senior class - thanks for sharing your voice...

Recipients Collette Combs, Gordon Davis, Daniel Heekin, Thomas Heekin, Austin Hendrick, Makayla Hendrick, Isabella Kakaty, Piper Noyes, Celine Schauer and Grant Tirrell being congratulated for receiving the Marco Island Woman’s Club Award by presenter Anne Marchetti Marco Island Woman’s Club and MIWC president Sharyn Kampmeyer.
Senior Award Celebration
Lauren Riley, Associate Editor • May 30, 2024

On Tuesday May 21, Marco Island Academy held their annual Senior Award Celebration in the MIA gym for the Class of 2024. This event highlighted...

Rays Reflection - How To Survive Junior Year
Ray's Reflection - How To Survive Junior Year
Cassie Letendre, Associate Editor • May 30, 2024

Skylar Siems, Associate Editor • May 30, 2024

Photo credits to Brian McGowan via  Unsplash under the Unsplash license.
Disney's Moana - A Movie Review
Addison O, Staff Writer • May 29, 2024

The popular Disney film, “Moana” which came out on November 23rd, 2016, will always be one of my personal favorites. This film is set in...

Photo credits to Bethesda Softworks, LLC via Wikimedia Commons under the Creative Commons license.
Fallout - A TV Show Review
Michael Martinez-Melara, Staff Writer • May 29, 2024

In the past, video games being turned into movies and TV shows had never really worked out. However, video games turning into movies or shows...

Caitlin Clark: The Up and Coming Basketball Star

johnmac
Photo credit to John Mac via Wikipedia Commons under Wikipedia Commons License. Iowa Women’s Basketball champion Caitlin Clark is an upcoming name in the industry.

On Sunday, April 7th, the University of Iowa’s women’s basketball team suffered a 75-87 loss in the NCAA Championship against the Gamecocks of South Carolina. This significant game marked the conclusion of college basketball star and senior, Caitlin Clark’s career. Clark, who plays as point guard for the Hawkeyes, has emerged as one of the greatest women’s basketball players of all time. Throughout her college journey, Clark has garnered increasing attention for women’s basketball, with her games attracting record numbers of viewers for the sport.

Caitlin Clark’s basketball journey commenced at a young age, competing in boys’ leagues in her hometown of West Des Moines due to the absence of girls’ leagues. As she progressed through middle school, her talent became evident, leading to her receiving her first letter of interest following her sixth-grade year. Throughout her high school seasons, Clark not only set state records but also national ones. In 2019, she announced her commitment to the University of Iowa.

During her college basketball career, Caitlin Clark distinguished herself as a top scorer, surpassing multiple previous players in various categories, including Stephen Curry, for the most 3-pointers in a single season as a Division 1 player.

Following the recent NCAA Championship loss, as reported by Fox News, Caitlin Clark expressed mixed emotions, stating, “Yeah, I’m sad we lost this game, but I’m also so proud of myself, I’m so proud of my teammates, I’m so proud of this program. There’s a lot to be proud of.” Clark is projected to be drafted by the Indiana Fever, marking the beginning of her professional career in the 2024 WNBA season.