MIA Committed - Austin Hendrick
MIA Committed - Austin Hendrick
May 3, 2024

morning-anouncements-art-club-a-frog-and-toadrt-club
Morning Announcements - 05/03/24
May 3, 2024

Announcements   Good morning Marco Island Academy, today is Friday, May 3rd, 2024, and these are your morning announcements! General...

With prom on the horizon, here are the top fashion predictions for this year. Photo credit to Todd Cravens via Unsplash under Unsplash License
Top 6 Fashion Trend Predictions For Prom 2024
Collette Combs, Staff Writer • May 2, 2024

Prom is just around the corner and everyone is wondering what trends to expect to see on the dance floor. So I’m here to tell you what dresses,...

MIA Committed - Chase Polley
MIA Committed - Chase Polley
May 2, 2024

Morning Announcements - 05/02/24
May 2, 2024

Announcements   Good morning Marco Island Academy, today is Thursday, May 2nd, 2024, and these are your morning announcements! General...

The Inspirational Story of 12 Year Old Gymnast Paige Calendine

Photo credit to Ania Klara via Pixabay under Pixabay License

12-year-old Paige Calendine is a well-known figure in Zanesville. Despite being born without a leg, Paige refuses to let this obstacle hinder her pursuit of her dreams. The determined young girl actively participates in gymnastics and archery, with plans to take up snowboarding next year and potentially delve into track and field. She approaches every endeavor with unwavering passion and dedication.

Paige’s resilience and drive inspire those around her on a daily basis. “Just because you are different, you can still do whatever you want; you might have to approach it differently,” remarked Paige’s father, Sean Calendine. “There is no quit in her. She’ll find a way to do it.” Sean and Paige’s mother, Heidi Calendine, enrolled her in gymnastics at just 18 months old to foster her physical strength. Paige began competing this season as a Xcel Bronze athlete and continues to make strides in her abilities. Supported by her loving family and a dedicated team of coaches and teammates, Paige thrives in her athletic pursuits.

Paige’s story serves as a beacon of hope for anyone facing similar challenges. Her journey has been captured in a documentary titled “Built Different,” showcasing her passion for various activities and her resilience in overcoming obstacles. Through this project, Paige aims to promote the message that having a disability does not diminish one’s worth. Her advice to others is simple yet powerful: “Never give up and always give your best.”

In June 2024, Paige will travel to the Olympic trials, where she will present her routines to the USA National Congress. Her mother, Heidi, began documenting Paige’s activities on TikTok about a year and a half ago, showcasing her involvement in gymnastics, cheerleading, swimming, and archery. The idea for the documentary emerged when producer Constance Brenneman stumbled upon Heidi’s TikTok videos of Paige. The premiere of “Built Different” is scheduled for June 22 in Zanesville, Ohio, where the Calendine family resides. The documentary will also be presented to streaming platforms such as Netflix and Amazon.

Paige expresses her excitement for the documentary, eager to demonstrate that “It’s OK to be different” and to inspire others to embrace their uniqueness.