Which Water Bottle Are You?
Which Water Bottle Are You?
Kacie Swanson, Staff Writer • February 23, 2024

What musical are you? Take this quiz to find out!
What Musical Are You?
Michael Martinez-Melara, Staff Writer • February 23, 2024

Which Season Are You?
Which Season Are You?
Cade Scarnavack, Staff Writer • February 23, 2024

Which Gemstone Are You?
Which Gemstone Are You?
Nicole Garcia-Pantoja, Staff Writer • February 23, 2024

morning-anouncements-art-club-a-frog-and-toadrt-club
Morning Announcements - 2/23/24
February 23, 2024

Announcements   Good morning Marco Island Academy, today is Friday, February 23rd, 2024,  and these are your morning announcements!...

What You Wish They Taught: Public Speaking

Everyone struggles with growing up, but some everyday tasks are harder than others.
Elle Richardson

Public speaking is one of the most common fears. In reality, it is an important skill to practice. Presentations in a professional setting are very important throughout your high school career and later in life. Some important aspects of public speaking include the following:

• Projection: You want to make sure your audience can hear what you are saying.
  • Clarity: Your speech should make sense and avoid over-complication.
  • Energy: Varying your tone and displaying an appropriate amount of energy helps keep your audience engaged and focused. 
  • Speed: Keeping an average talking speed allows your audience to process what you are saying without becoming bored.
  • Eye contact: Shifting your eyes to different audience members helps everyone feel more engaged without singling anyone out.
  • Formality: Keeping both your appearance and language professional helps keep the air of the presentation appropriate.