Photo credit to Laura Chouette via Unsplash under Unsplash License.
The role of social media influencers in the world of marketing continues to grow.
The Rise of Social Media Influencers in Marketing
Jenna Golec, Staff Writer • April 18, 2024

Recently social media influencers have emerged into the marketing world. With large followings many social media influencers have found a way...

Photo credit to Anthony Delanoix via Unsplash under Unsplash License.
In an era succeeding a global pandemic, how have festivals and concerts adjusted?
Exploring Music Festivals In A Post-Pandemic Era
Skylar Siems, Staff Writer • April 18, 2024

Since the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, musical festivals have undergone significant changes. Understandably, the pandemic has impacted nearly...

Photo credit to 
Rivage via Unsplash under Unsplash License.
There has been a recent surge in the popularity of retro gaming consoles.
The Resurgence of Retro Gaming: Exploring the Appeal of Vintage Consoles and Classic Games
Cade Scarnavack, Staff Writer • April 18, 2024

The Resurgence of Retro Gaming: Exploring the Appeal of Vintage Consoles and Classic Games In 1952, Cambridge professor Sandy Douglas released...

Photo credit to Sandro Schuh via Unsplash under Unsplash License. 
The mental health of athletes is a subject commonly overlooked.
Unveiling the Relationship Between Mental Health and Sports
Addison O, Staff Writer • April 18, 2024

Athletes confront a myriad of mental health challenges, ranging from anxiety and depression to eating disorders and substance abuse, largely...

Texas v Biden

Texas and the US federal government are at odds due to the border crisis.
Logan Yarnell

Texas is currently in an ongoing border policy dispute with the federal government. The state, bordering Mexico, has had in influx of illegal border crossings in the past years since the COVID-19 pandemic. Texas wants to defend the border, but the US government is saying to let people cross.

Texas Governor, Greg Abbott, has been resisting the efforts of the federal government to open the border since January 26th. The Texas National Guard has blocked federal forces from being able to reach the border. These actions are credited to Abbott’s Operation Lone Star in 2021, where he initially tried to deal with the border crisis. Texas released that the operation has been responsible for the apprehension of almost 500,000 illegal immigrants.

The Texas and federal governments still have a standoff going on, with many worried that this may spark some form of domestic dispute in the US. 26 states have openly shared their support for Texas in the matter. Abbott issued a statement recently saying that Texas does have the right to defend itself if the federal government or Biden Administration tries to interfere. President Biden has called for a border shutdown if he is given the authority.

The Texas government has also stated that they have stopped various drugs and weapons from entering the country. This is one of the major points Texas and its supporters have been using to support their cause.

Some have called for a revolution to take place due to this issue, or at the least, a resistance against Biden. This would create a clear divide in the US and create more internal issues than there already are.