Ive spent the last thirteen years of my life in Florida. Upon graduating, I will leave and never return.
Fleeing Florida
Annabelle Frazer, Editor-in-Chief • April 26, 2024

My family and I first moved to the Sunshine State when I was three years old. At the time, it was a perfectly rational decision. The weather...

MIA Committed - Mia Winnik
MIA Committed - Mia Winnik
April 26, 2024

Collette Combs, Staff Writer • April 26, 2024

morning-anouncements-art-club-a-frog-and-toadrt-club
Morning Announcements - 04/26/24
April 26, 2024

Announcements   Good morning Marco Island Academy, today is Friday, April 26th, 2024, and these are your morning announcements! General...

Cade Scarnavack, Staff Writer • April 25, 2024

An Explosive Reaction

Photo credit to Andrew Svk via Unsplash under Unsplash License The US and UK bomb the Houthi Movement’s military basses in Yemen over ship attacks in the Red Sea.

As 2024 has begun, the US has already been involved in a war conflict against the Houthi Movement. As the Israel and Hamas conflict has gotten more intense, the US, as well as other countries, have begun taking action against some of the Iran-backed military forces.

The US and UK ordered bombing attacks in the Middle Eastern nation of Yemen. The Houthi Movement, or Ansar Allah (Supporters of God), is an Islamic-based military organization that is supported by Iran and may have connections to some of the other conflicts in the Middle East. The group has been blamed for commercial ship attacks in the Red Sea, which is what provoked the attack from the US.

More than 15 Houthi sites were hit strategically to deprive them of control methods, ammunition, weapons, and much more.

Several Middle Eastern national and organizational leaders have already spoken out about these attacks. Many condemn the attacks, but not much other information is available to the American public.

The opposition of Iranian forces and those that they support is derived from the Israel and Palestine conflict that has been going on in the Middle East since the Jewish people were given Israel at the end of World War II. Iran has supported Hamas in their efforts to control the Gaza Strip. The US, openly supporting Israel in the conflict, has shown its opposition to the Iranian efforts, including its support of the Houthi Movement. President Biden spoke out against the Houthi Movement and shared that he ordered the attacks and will continue to back them if the attacks continue on the Red Sea.

Other nations were in support of this attack (Australia, Canada, Bahrain, and The Netherlands), but the UK was the only other nation openly involved in the bombing efforts. The other countries have not contributed to the fighting in any way, they just have stated their support for the attacks on the organization.