Ive spent the last thirteen years of my life in Florida. Upon graduating, I will leave and never return.
Fleeing Florida
Annabelle Frazer, Editor-in-Chief • April 26, 2024

My family and I first moved to the Sunshine State when I was three years old. At the time, it was a perfectly rational decision. The weather...

MIA Committed - Mia Winnik
MIA Committed - Mia Winnik
April 26, 2024

Collette Combs, Staff Writer • April 26, 2024

morning-anouncements-art-club-a-frog-and-toadrt-club
Morning Announcements - 04/26/24
April 26, 2024

Announcements   Good morning Marco Island Academy, today is Friday, April 26th, 2024, and these are your morning announcements! General...

Cade Scarnavack, Staff Writer • April 25, 2024

Do’s and Don’ts of Homecoming

Keith Scalia
Homecoming is an important event in high school, and there are numerous do’s and don’ts of how to have the most fun.

Although many people get ready in different ways, these are the do’s and don’ts for preparing for Homecoming. Some upperclassmen at MIA have been interviewed to come up with the do’s and don’ts to prepare the freshman for their first homecoming.

• Do remember to dance. You didn’t come to homecoming to sit around in a $100 dress. Let loose and enjoy the time with your friends. 
  • Don’t order your dress last minute, especially if it’s online. 
  • Do take pictures. Capture the moment so you have something to look back on. You’ll regret it later if you don’t. 
  • Don’t let others tell you what to wear. Be your own person and choose what you like. 
  • Don’t be that person who is judging everyone with your friends. We don’t like those types of people. Be respectful of others.
  • Do wear something that you feel comfortable in. You don’t want to be in something that will suffocate you or itch all night. 
  • Don’t keep your heels on all night. After a long night, you’ll suffer with them for that long.  
  • Do put on deodorant after you put on your homecoming attire. The deodorant will stain your new expensive outfit if you put it on before (but please don’t forget to put on deodorant.)
  • Don’t wear casual shoes like sneakers. They won’t pair well with your fancy outfit. 
  • Do bring a handbag. It doesn’t have to be big but something to hold all your necessities. 
  • Don’t step on people’s feet. Most girls don’t have shoes on while they’re on the dance floor, so be careful to not stomp on them. 
  • Do remember to smell good. Bring a mini perfume with you just in case. 
  • Do be bold and ask the person you want to take to homecoming to take your chance, YOLO.
  • Do have someone take a look at you, just to make sure you don’t have any tags sticking out or lint on your clothes. 
  • Don’t eat a heavy meal before you go dancing. You’ll feel sick by the time you’re done.  
  • Don’t be that person that’s all over their date. Keep it PG and hang out with your friends, too.  
  • Do plan with your friends on how you’re going to arrive at homecoming. Try and show up at the same time so no one is alone.

And most importantly… do remember to have fun!

View Comments (1)
$495
$1200