MIA Committed - Alexa Groves
MIA Committed - Alexa Groves
May 6, 2024

Mia Winnik, Entertainment Editor • May 6, 2024

Through the Lens of Colorblindness
Through the Lens of Colorblindness
Grant Tirrell, Features Editor • May 6, 2024

Along with 1 in every 12 men and 1 in every 200 women worldwide, I experience the world through the lens of the genetic condition of color blindness....

morning-anouncements-art-club-a-frog-and-toadrt-club
Morning Announcements - 05/06/24
May 6, 2024

Announcements   Good morning Marco Island Academy, HAPPY TEACHER APPRECIATION WEEK!!!, and today is Monday, May 6th, 2024, and these...

Rays Praise
Ray's Praise
May 6, 2024

What is Ray’s Praise? Ray’s Praise is an opportunity for students at MIA to show their appreciation for others. Whether it’s a classmate,...

Ray’s Rise From The Depths – MIA Football Scores First Win In 6 Years

Last Friday, our very own Manta Rays played in a monumental game that etched itself into our school’s history. The Manta Rays had endured a grueling 39-game winless streak, and they were now squaring off against the tough Warner Christian Academy Eagles.

Pullquote Photo

“It was a big sigh of relief! We went in with a game-winning mentality and the boys delivered. I can not wait for the future of the team, and the opportunities that winning will bring.”

— Cassie Letendre

This game marked our 40th in this tough journey, and the potential for victory was very promising. The Warner Christian side was fielding just 15 players, with several offensive threats on their team. Our student body filled the sidelines dressed in Hawaiian outfits, ready to witness a historic chapter in MIA’s history.

This game proved different from the typical string of football losses we had experienced. It presented our best opportunity for a win in six years. We were up against a Warner Christian team struggling with a short roster, playing both offense and defense.

Pullquote Photo

“ It feels really good to have all that hard work pay off. I feel like we as a team have been putting in a ton of effort and it just really hasn’t been paying off the last couple of years. It’s good to see the guys that have been putting in the effort get rewarded for it as well as showing the new faces on the team that this program has hope and effort pays off.”

— Leonardo DeMartino

As the game progressed, our Manta Rays fought valiantly in the first half, with the score standing at 20-14 in our favor at halftime. Riding the wave of momentum, our Rays soared further ahead in the third quarter, leading 32-20. Though students’ and fans’ concerns grew as several players sat out due to cramps or injuries in the fourth quarter, remarkably, the opposing team faced a similar fate, with many of their players battling similar circumstances.

As the game clock slowly winded down to zero, fans and students quickly rushed to the field with a final score of 32-20. As our student body rushed the field, our very own principal Mrs. Scott fell to her knees in joy. Before everyone left, our football team and cheerleaders made sure to take their photos in front of the scoreboard and savor this truly momentous night.