• May 30Have a safe, productive, and fun summer...GOOOO RAYS!
  • May 14Fare thee well senior class - thanks for sharing your voice...

Recipients Collette Combs, Gordon Davis, Daniel Heekin, Thomas Heekin, Austin Hendrick, Makayla Hendrick, Isabella Kakaty, Piper Noyes, Celine Schauer and Grant Tirrell being congratulated for receiving the Marco Island Woman’s Club Award by presenter Anne Marchetti Marco Island Woman’s Club and MIWC president Sharyn Kampmeyer.
Senior Award Celebration
Lauren Riley, Associate Editor • May 30, 2024

On Tuesday May 21, Marco Island Academy held their annual Senior Award Celebration in the MIA gym for the Class of 2024. This event highlighted...

Rays Reflection - How To Survive Junior Year
Ray's Reflection - How To Survive Junior Year
Cassie Letendre, Associate Editor • May 30, 2024

Skylar Siems, Associate Editor • May 30, 2024

Photo credits to Brian McGowan via  Unsplash under the Unsplash license.
Disney's Moana - A Movie Review
Addison O, Staff Writer • May 29, 2024

The popular Disney film, “Moana” which came out on November 23rd, 2016, will always be one of my personal favorites. This film is set in...

Photo credits to Bethesda Softworks, LLC via Wikimedia Commons under the Creative Commons license.
Fallout - A TV Show Review
Michael Martinez-Melara, Staff Writer • May 29, 2024

In the past, video games being turned into movies and TV shows had never really worked out. However, video games turning into movies or shows...

Morning Announcements – 05/06/24

Announcements

Good morning Marco Island Academy, HAPPY TEACHER APPRECIATION WEEK!!!, and today is Monday, May 6th, 2024, and these are your morning announcements!  

General Announcements: 

Activities:

Prom: Attention juniors and seniors -TODAY is the last day to purchase your $120.00 Prom tickets from Mrs. Ray.  See you Saturday in the Enchanted Forest in the Marriott ballroom. 

Spirit Week: Prom Spirit Week began today, but it was hard to see you all hidden in the forest. Tomorrow, honor our seniors as they dress up as Gru, everyone else as their minions!  

Performing Arts (Monday-Friday): Attention all those interested in theatre.  Mr. Dayett is directing the musical, You’re A Good Man, Charlie Brown, this fall at Arts Center Theatre.  Auditions are this Saturday from 1-3 at the Marco Island Center for the Arts on Winterberry.  All students and staff are encouraged to audition. 

Mr. Dayett is also directing Finding Nemo KIDS this July at Arts Center Theatre.  This free 2-week theatre intensive workshop is open to youth ages 9 to 18. If you are interested in being a part of this show as a performer or volunteer assistant, please see Mr. Dayett ASAP.  There are also volunteer assistant positions available for his other 2 classes, which include Storymakers Lab (which is the equivalent of the Tell Me A Bedtime Story project in Film Class) and The Snoof Puppet Show, where youngsters will make their own puppet and perform a puppet show. 

Athletics:

Cheerleading: Interested in trying out for Fall Cheer? Please make sure to join our Band App for information regarding tryouts. Please see the flyers around the school with information on how to join, or come and see Mrs. Gutwerk with any questions!  GO RAYYSSS !!! 

Daily Affirmation:Teachers inspire hope, ignite the imagination, and instill a love of learning.”

Have a Marvelous Mentors Monday!