Through the Lens of Colorblindness
Through the Lens of Colorblindness
Grant Tirrell, Features Editor • 39 seconds ago

Along with 1 in every 12 men and 1 in every 200 women worldwide, I experience the world through the lens of the genetic condition of color blindness....

morning-anouncements-art-club-a-frog-and-toadrt-club
Morning Announcements - 05/06/24
1 hour ago

Announcements   Good morning Marco Island Academy, HAPPY TEACHER APPRECIATION WEEK!!!, and today is Monday, May 6th, 2024, and these...

Rays Praise
Ray's Praise
1 hour ago

What is Ray’s Praise? Ray’s Praise is an opportunity for students at MIA to show their appreciation for others. Whether it’s a classmate,...

MIA Committed - Austin Hendrick
MIA Committed - Austin Hendrick
3 days ago

Morning Announcements - 05/03/24
3 days ago

Announcements   Good morning Marco Island Academy, today is Friday, May 3rd, 2024, and these are your morning announcements! General...

Morning Announcements – 04/26/24

Announcements

Good morning Marco Island Academy, today is Friday, April 26th, 2024, and these are your morning announcements!

General Announcements: 

Activities

Hot Juicy Weiner Sale: HOT DOOOOGGGG! Yep, that’s right!  Today,  Interact will be holding a hot juicy wiener and lemonade sale during both lunches. Hot dogs are $2.00 and lemonade is $1.00. Get them while they’re hot.  

Prom: Attention juniors and seniors – Prom tickets are available during both lunches!!!   

If you plan on bringing someone from outside the school, pick up your guest forms from Mrs.Kraft at the front desk.  Forms MUST be turned in by  May 3rd and the last day to purchase tickets is May 6th. We are so excited to see you in the Enchanted Forest on May 11th in the Marriott ballroom.

Performing Arts: Little Shop – Don’t miss the show THIS upcoming weekend – TONIGHT at 7:00pm or tomorrow’s matinee at 2:00pm.  Visit MIATheatre.com or scan the QR code around campus.

Fishing Club: This weekend – the 26th to the 28th – the MIA Fishing Club is hosting its INAUGURAL   Snook Seasonal fishing tournament. There is a $10 buy-in, and the winner is decided by who catches the biggest snook! Stop by Mr. Montgomery’s room to sign up if you are interested.

Athletics:

Cheerleading: Interested in trying out for Fall Cheer? Please make sure to join our Band App for information regarding tryouts. Please see the flyers around the school with information on how to join, or come and see Mrs. Gutwerk with any questions!

Track:  Congrats to our Manta Ray runners, shout out to Jakie Watt and Brianna Ferro for placing in districts 

Football: Reminder that spring practices begin next Monday, April 29.  GO RAYYSSS !!! 

Daily Affirmation: “Venture outside your comfort zone. The rewards are worth it.

Have a Feed yo’ Tummy Friday!