MIA Committed - Alex Sousa
MIA Committed - Alex Sousa
April 29, 2024

Rays Praise
Ray's Praise
April 29, 2024

What is Ray’s Praise? Ray’s Praise is an opportunity for students at MIA to show their appreciation for others. Whether it’s a classmate,...

April 29, 2024

Announcements   Good morning Marco Island Academy, today is Monday, April 29th, 2024, and these are your morning announcements! General...

Ive spent the last thirteen years of my life in Florida. Upon graduating, I will leave and never return.
Fleeing Florida
Annabelle Frazer, Editor-in-Chief • April 26, 2024

My family and I first moved to the Sunshine State when I was three years old. At the time, it was a perfectly rational decision. The weather...

MIA Committed - Mia Winnik
MIA Committed - Mia Winnik
April 26, 2024

MIA Faculty Superlatives

Annabelle Frazer
In a fun take on Senior Superlatives, here are the MIA Faculty Superlatives of 2024.

“Most likely to get mistaken as a student” – Mr. Wood

Mr. Wood, being one of the newest and youngest teachers, likes to keep up with the latest trends and is always making jokes and keeping it real with his students. Don’t be alarmed if you think you see a student wheeling a little cart down the halls. It’s just Mr. Wood.

“Most likely to become a celebrity” – Mr. Swope

Mr. Swope, with the voice of an angel, could definitely win the next season of America’s Got Talent. Each note and song that he sings fills the room with magic.

“Most likely to be late for graduation” – Mr. Miller

Mr. Miller is always there for you, but he also might be a few minutes late. Nevertheless, we love him anyway.

“Best dressed” – Mrs. Ray

Mrs. Ray likes to keep it classy and fun. Each day as she walks down the halls, she has the freshest outfit on. She keeps it fun with the bright colors and patterns of each outfit and always has the perfect shoes to go with it.

“Best vehicle” – Mrs. Koch

Mrs. Koch, whether she decides to whip the Bronco or the motorcycle, definitely has the best car in town.

“Best hair” – Mr. Eder

Mr. Eder never fails to come to school with the cleanest, freshest cut. He makes sure his head shines in the light and he never misses one spot.

“Most likely to eat all your snacks” – Mr. Scalia

Mr. Scalia, while he has his preferences, will definitely offer himself a piece of your pizza if he gets the chance. Don’t even get him started on the sour candy.

“Best advice” – Mrs. Galiana

Mrs. Galiana never fails to give you the best advice she can. If you’re stressed or struggling, she is always there willing to help you through it.

“Best storyteller” – Mr. Totten

Mr. Totten has some of the best stories in town. Whether he is telling you about an alligator he caught over the weekend or about the band he was in back in the day, it’s always guaranteed to be an entertaining class.

“Most likely to win Jeopardy” – Mr. Montgomery

Mr. Montgomery, no matter the time of day, can throw a quick fact at you if you ask him. Throw him on the gameshow, he’ll rack up his score in no time.

“Most school spirit” – Mrs. Gutwerk

Mrs. Gutwerk, as a cheer coach at MIA, never fails to dress up for every spirit day and attends every event she can. Ask her and she’ll be at your next game, guarantee it.