MIA Committed - Alex Sousa
MIA Committed - Alex Sousa
April 29, 2024

Rays Praise
Ray's Praise
April 29, 2024

What is Ray’s Praise? Ray’s Praise is an opportunity for students at MIA to show their appreciation for others. Whether it’s a classmate,...

morning-anouncements-art-club-a-frog-and-toadrt-club
Morning Announcements - 04/29/24
April 29, 2024

Announcements   Good morning Marco Island Academy, today is Monday, April 29th, 2024, and these are your morning announcements! General...

Ive spent the last thirteen years of my life in Florida. Upon graduating, I will leave and never return.
Fleeing Florida
Annabelle Frazer, Editor-in-Chief • April 26, 2024

My family and I first moved to the Sunshine State when I was three years old. At the time, it was a perfectly rational decision. The weather...

MIA Committed - Mia Winnik
MIA Committed - Mia Winnik
April 26, 2024

What Your Ice Cream Order Says About You

Photo credit to Lama Roscu via Unsplash under Unsplash License. When it comes to ordering ice cream, everyone likes something different.

Have you ever wondered what your go-to ice cream order says about you? Here’s your chance to know, from an ice cream shop employee.

Plain Chocolate, Vanilla w/ Sprinkles, or Strawberry

If you order one of these generic flavors, you are actually one of the most interesting people there is. I have never seen someone with more lore than you. Honestly, I have no clue why you are getting such a basic flavor because your personality is quite the opposite. Let’s face it, we’ve all never met a better storyteller and have probably had a crush on someone who orders these flavors at at least one point in our lives. 

Rum Raisin, Pistachio, or Pralines and Creme

If you order any of these flavors you are most likely extremely old, because no one under the age of 100 orders these willingly. Thanks again for not putting your 17 cents of change in the tip jar!

Chocolate Almond

If your ice cream order is Chocolate Almond, you are most likely an almond mom. Just because it’s dark chocolate doesn’t mean you are going to be any skinnier than the others getting regular ice cream. Also, you’re a menace to those working behind the counter because this is actually the hardest flavor to scoop, no joke. 

Bear Claw

This crowd is generally just your average lawn mower dad or some guy trying to prove his dominance through his choice in ice cream flavor. Honestly, this is a bit of a strange flavor if you actually think about the fact that it has raisins in it, but the dads seem to love it so who cares. 

Cookies and Creme or Mint Chocolate Chip

If you order either of these, you are probably a basic teenage girl on vacation with her family. We all know you dress like a bum at home, but when you order this ice cream, you are fitted up with a sun dress that exposes that extreme burn you obtained earlier in the day after forgetting to reapply sunscreen. 

Sorbets

If you are one of the few who order a sorbet, you are actually allergic to everything. No, I will absolutely not go in the back and get a clean scoop for you just because you have a peanut allergy. You are an upgraded, more extreme version of what the Chocolate Almond people aspire to be. However, I will say, this may be the only flavor that might actually make you lose weight instead of gaining it. So basically you are most likely a gluten free, dairy free runway model with a severe peanut allergy. 

Birthday Cake or Cotton Candy

If you order Birthday Cake or Cotton Candy, you are mentally a little kid but you’re actually just really funny and one of the most fun people to be around. You may secretly not want to ever grow and choose to have the sense of humor of a second grader, but that’s why everyone likes you! 

Stellar Coffee or Chocolate Raspberry Truffle

If you order either of these, you are most likely a chill middle aged mom, or you work at an ice cream shop and know what’s up with the flavors because these are 100% the best. Moms know best, especially when it comes to ice cream. 

SuperMan

Obviously you would think you would have to be under 8 years old to be ordering this flavor, but this flavor is surprisingly popular with those sunburnt teenage vacation boys. If you order SuperMan, you must think you’re all unique for getting a food dye flavored treat, but in reality, you only order this to match your patchy tan. Don’t worry, kids get this too of course, but that’s too obvious.