MIA Committed - Alexa Groves
MIA Committed - Alexa Groves
May 6, 2024

Mia Winnik, Entertainment Editor • May 6, 2024

Through the Lens of Colorblindness
Through the Lens of Colorblindness
Grant Tirrell, Features Editor • May 6, 2024

Along with 1 in every 12 men and 1 in every 200 women worldwide, I experience the world through the lens of the genetic condition of color blindness....

May 6, 2024

Announcements   Good morning Marco Island Academy, HAPPY TEACHER APPRECIATION WEEK!!!, and today is Monday, May 6th, 2024, and these...

Rays Praise
Ray's Praise
May 6, 2024

What is Ray’s Praise? Ray’s Praise is an opportunity for students at MIA to show their appreciation for others. Whether it’s a classmate,...

How To Get Ready For Your First Concert

Jenna Golec
Concerts are a common source of entertainment for many, but there are some important tips to keep in mind before you go.

Going to your first concert is a very memorable and fun experience, but the preparation for the concert isn’t always as fun.

When preparing for your first concert there are a lot of factors at play. Where is the concert, is it inside or outside, will you be able to sit or will you have to stand the whole time? No matter what kind of concert you are attending, there are a few recurring aspects to take into consideration

Plan Ahead

Before attending your first concert it is important that you don’t wait until the last minute to get all of your needs in order.

For an easier experience, aim to purchase pre-sale tickets for the concert you are wanting to attend. Doing this will allow you to avoid the stress of purchasing a ticket at the door which also offers no guarantees. This saves a lot of stress, unlike purchasing a ticket at the door. Doing this will allow you to avoid a stressful situation.

After buying your tickets, searching for places to stay after the concert is a must. You won’t be the only person looking for hotels or Airbnbs, so the faster you book, the better. Additionally, you will need to plan transportation, such as whether you will be driving or taking an Uber. If you are driving, you will have to arrive earlier so that you can find a parking spot.

Next up is your outfit. You need to make sure that your outfit is appropriate and comfortable because you will be in the same clothes for hours.

Making sure you plan ahead will make your experience more enjoyable because you won’t be stressed out or worried.

Concert Necessities

There are many things that won’t be accessible to you while you are at the concert, so having the necessities will make your experience much easier.

Some things that you will need are:

• Portable phone charger—Phone needs to be charged for all the videos and pictures
  • Cash—In many cases cards are not accepted at concerts, so if you are wanting merchandise or other things, it is important to have cash. Better to be safe than sorry.
  • Ticket—Whether it’s paper or email, it needs to be easily accessible so you are not holding up the ticket lines (you’re not the only person attending the concert)
  • ID —When at a concert, sometimes identification is needed to verify your ticket purchase.
  • Earplugs—It gets LOUD, please protect your ear drums.
  • A wallet or small bag/purse—Bag sizes are sometimes problems when getting into the concert. Sometimes your bag can be taken from you because of some safety issues. On top of that, what items on this list need to be in a big bag?

Concert Etiquette

• Don’t worry, Be happy. Make sure everything you need upon entrance is ready to be shown, and make sure to show up in a happy mood. Your mood will affect everyone around you, your people, and everyone else. Make sure to eat and be hydrated upon arrival as well.
    • Be aware of your surroundings. If you are a tall person, be aware of your height and don’t be inconsiderate of others behind you. Everyone is there to experience the show, so do not block someone’s ability to do so. This includes your telephone. Everyone will be taking pictures and videos there but you have to make sure that you are not disrupting anyone around you while you’re doing so.
    • Be respectful. Being respectful is a simple way to allow everyone to enjoy themselves in a happy environment. Respect personal space, you shouldn’t be pushing or shoving anyone, it’s not worth the possible fight or ruckus it may cause.

Now that you know the basics of “How to: Get ready for your first concert” you are ready to go and enjoy a life changing experience. Go check out your favorite artists’ instagram bios and get to searching for those tickets.