• May 14Fare thee well senior class - thanks for sharing your voice...

Collette Combs, Staff Writer • May 14, 2024

If You Had To Pick A Crazy Color To Dye Your Hair, What Would It Be?

Addison O, Staff Writer • May 13, 2024

With nesting season returning this month, its important to keep our turtles safe. Photo credit to Giorgia Doglioni
 via Unsplash under Unsplash License.
Protecting Turtles During Nesting Season
Michael Martinez-Melara, Staff Writer • May 10, 2024

It’s the beginning of May, and with May comes these beautiful creatures from the sea. It’s the beginning of nesting season for loggerhead...

Tesla is one of the most popular electronic vehicle companies in the world. Photo credit to Austin Ramsey via Unsplash under Unsplash License.
Employee’s Recent Battle with Tesla Layoffs
Kacie Swanson, Staff Writer • May 10, 2024

In recent weeks, Tesla began laying off large numbers of their employees. The employees were fired from various positions within the company...

My Life With the Walter Boys: TV Show Review

My Life With the Walter Boys, a brand new series streaming on Netflix Photo credit to freestocks via Pexels under Pexels License

My Life with the Walter Boys, a new Netflix series, while only being streamed for a short period, gained an immense amount of attention from not only viewers but from the media as well. The show aired its pilot episode on December 7th, 2023, and shortly after released the rest of the first season which consists of nine drama-filled episodes.

The main character of the show, Jackie Howard, is a teenage girl who, after her family is involved in a tragic accident, moves from a big city in New York to a small town in rural Colorado. When Jackie arrives in Colorado, she is met with whom her late mother left her, her childhood best friend, Katherine Walter, and her larger-than-average family.

With ten kids in one house, issues are bound to come up when Jackie arrives, especially when one of them is the epitome of a town’s bad boy, Cole Walter, and another is the swoon-worthy sweetheart, Alex Walter. The two brothers fight to win over Jackie’s love throughout the show as the stories of the other family members unfold.  In this first season, Jackie works her way through her new life while continuing to maneuver through her grief and having to make some difficult decisions. This new series is full of cliffhangers and is bound to keep you on your toes.

My Life with the Walter Boys is the new teen romance series of the year and illustrates the hardships associated with growing up and falling in love that are present in the lives of most teens. For this reason, I loved being able to watch and relate to the experiences of Jackie and the other characters in the show. This series allows for a playful twist on the realities of being a teenager. I would recommend this show to anyone and everyone. It has all the elements a good show needs and is the perfect mix of romance and drama. 

Excitingly enough, the show’s debut was quickly followed by a renewal from Netflix which calls for a second season of the show to be announced. The release date for the second season has yet to be announced, but the actors and crew are waiting excitingly to begin filming. With a second season in the works, the time to catch up on season one is now. The biggest question you’ll soon be asking yourself is are you team Alex or team Cole?

View Comments (1)
$495
$1200