Ive spent the last thirteen years of my life in Florida. Upon graduating, I will leave and never return.
Fleeing Florida
Annabelle Frazer, Editor-in-Chief • April 26, 2024

My family and I first moved to the Sunshine State when I was three years old. At the time, it was a perfectly rational decision. The weather...

MIA Committed - Mia Winnik
MIA Committed - Mia Winnik
April 26, 2024

Collette Combs, Staff Writer • April 26, 2024

April 26, 2024

Announcements   Good morning Marco Island Academy, today is Friday, April 26th, 2024, and these are your morning announcements! General...

Cade Scarnavack, Staff Writer • April 25, 2024

Do Dreams Have a Meaning?

Dreams are experienced by everyone, but not many understand what they might mean.
Logan Yarnell

There you are…slipping down a slide into a pit full of multi-colored neon balls, and then, all of a sudden, they start hatching into velociraptors that begin chewing on your extremities.  

Dreams are images and memories stored in the brain that can occur at any time throughout the sleeping process. Most often, they are jumbled together and often don’t make sense. The stage of sleep that dreams most occur in is rapid eye movement (REM) which is the state in which your brain has the most activity.  

To first understand what dreams mean, you first need to know why dreams happen. Although there is no definite answer to this, there are theories that have been tested. Many professionals and scientists believe they help you analyze your memories for what important life skills or habits to use in real-life situations. 

Dreaming about falling

Falling in your dreams from high places such as a building or a cliff is quite common, with the average person waking up after they hit the ground. Many studies and popular dream interpreters say falling in your dreams means something is going wrong in your life. This could be with work or love life, which results in a fear of failure. If you have one of these dreams it would be smart to reconsider decisions or change the direction of the path you are going.

Dreaming about being naked 

As silly as it sounds, dreaming about being naked can reveal something about your deeper thoughts. Many dream about being exposed in front of a crowd of people, such as in a school, work, and other public areas. Having one of these dreams can reflect feelings of insecurity or needing self-acceptance. 

Dreaming about being chased

Dreaming about being chased by an unknown monster, someone, or something you are familiar with can be extremely terrifying. But what does this dream mean? Many dream interpreters relate being chased in your dreams to being extremely anxious in real life or trying to avoid something or someone. But believe it or not, being chased by different subjects can mean different things in your personal life.

Being chased by an animal can mean you hiding from your emotions and you should find a way to address this. On the other hand, being chased by an unknown monster or a  person could relate to a child’s good memories or past trauma. Being chased by the opposite sex could mean you are scared to commit to love or are haunted by a past relationship.

Dreaming about your teeth falling out

These dreams can consist of eating food and teeth falling out or ripping them out manually. Many dream interpreters have yet to discover an exact meaning for this, but it is hypothesized that there is more than one possible meaning. This dream may mean you’re insecure about your appearance or worried about the way you look to others. It can also mean you are concerned about your communication skills and scared about the way you talk to people. If you are prone to rethinking an embarrassing moment, it could mean you’re overanalyzing, or overthinking a situation that made you uncomfortable. 

Dreaming about flying

Many people experience flying in their dreams, this experience can either be exciting or quite frightening, especially for one who’s scared of heights. Research has found that this dream can usually have two different meanings. One can represent freedom or independence, while the other may mean there is a need to flee or run away from something in life.

It is not definite that each dream you have means something. Some dreams can show a sneak peek into your inner emotions. While, no, this is not reliable all of the time, just remember when having one of these dreams, they could have a meaning.