Recently many media platforms have been promoting diversity amongst new programs worldwide. Photo credits to Christina @ wocintechchat.com via  Unsplash under the Unsplash license.
The Impact of Diversity in Media
Nicole Garcia-Pantoja, Staff Writer • May 8, 2024

It can be a wonderful feeling when one sees pieces of themselves in a character on screen. Based on the personality, origin, and characteristics...

MIA Committed - Daniel Heekin
MIA Committed - Daniel Heekin
May 8, 2024

A recent school shooting in Texas, making many wonder if the Tennessee Bill is a good idea. Photo credits to (Augustin-Foto) Jonas Augustin via Unsplash under the Unsplash license.
The Critical Debate On Gun Violence In The United States
Skylar Siems, Associate Editor • May 8, 2024

Recently, the United States has been faced with a recurring issue involving educators and students nationwide. With approximately 18 school shootings...

The girls lacrosse team lines up for a team picture.
MIA Making History with Girl's Lacrosse
Emma Nash, Associate Editor • May 8, 2024

After a season full of perseverance and diligence, the first-ever MIA girl's lacrosse season has come to an end. On April 5th, the season officially...

Kacie Swanson, Staff Writer • May 8, 2024

Top 6 Activities to do During the Holidays

With winter break right around the corner, here are 6 activities to do during the Holidays.

With the holiday season upon us, what better way to get into the festive spirit than some fun activities to do with friends or family? Here’s a list of the top six things to do during the holidays that are sure to add an extra dose of cheer to your winter wonderland. 

1. Bake Cookies:  There’s something magical about the scent of freshly baked cookies wafting through the air during the holidays. Gather your loved ones and go on a baking adventure that will make your taste buds happy and your house smell amazing. Whether you’re a master baker or a rookie in the kitchen, decorating sugar cookies with festive icing and sprinkles is a fun activity to do to create sweet memories and get you into the Holiday spirit.
  2. Movie Night:  What better way to unwind during the holidays than with a cozy movie night? Build a blanket fort, grab some popcorn and those cookies you made, and play your favorite Hallmark movie. Don’t forget the hot cocoa topped with marshmallows – it’s the perfect companion for a holiday movie night.
  1. Gingerbread House Competition: Gather friends or family, set up a workstation with an array of candies, icing, and, of course, gingerbread, and let the creativity flow. Whether you aim for a traditional cottage or a whimsical wonderland, the joy lies in the process. Plus, the friendly competition adds an extra layer of excitement as everyone showcases their skills. 
  1. Go Ice Skating: Whether you’re a seasoned pro or wobbly on skates, the experience of putting on those skates and gliding on the ice with your friends can be super fun and create a lot of great memories. If where you reside isn’t cold enough for outdoor ice skating, search for your nearest indoor ice rink to have a similar experience.
  1. Drive Around and See the Christmas Lights: Many neighborhoods go all out with intricate displays, turning the streets into a cheerful winter wonderland. Make it an adventure by mapping out the best-decorated neighborhoods, grab some blankets and snacks, roll the windows down, and enjoy the sweet chill in the air while watching the display. 
  1. Make Decorations: From handmade ornaments to festive wreaths, creating decorations provides a personal touch to your space. Gather the family for a crafting session filled with laughter and creativity, and revel in the satisfaction of seeing your handmade decorations fill your home. 

So, gather your loved ones and let the joyous festivities begin!