With prom on the horizon, here are the top fashion predictions for this year. Photo credit to Todd Cravens via Unsplash under Unsplash License
Top 6 Fashion Trend Predictions For Prom 2024
Collette Combs, Staff Writer • May 2, 2024

Prom is just around the corner and everyone is wondering what trends to expect to see on the dance floor. So I’m here to tell you what dresses,...

MIA Committed - Chase Polley
MIA Committed - Chase Polley
May 2, 2024

morning-anouncements-art-club-a-frog-and-toadrt-club
Morning Announcements - 05/02/24
May 2, 2024

Announcements   Good morning Marco Island Academy, today is Thursday, May 2nd, 2024, and these are your morning announcements! General...

Apple has recently lifted a decade long ban on emulators with their products.
Emulators On Apple Devices - What Does This Mean?
Cade Scarnavack, Staff Writer • May 1, 2024

Recently, Apple removed a decade-long ban on emulators for all iOS devices. Emulators are a software or hardware that can be downloaded on a...

What Do You Smell Like Based On The Way You Design Your House?
Collette Combs, Staff Writer • May 1, 2024

MIA Hosts Annual Holiday Toy Drive

Photo credit to NoName_13 via Pixabay under Pixabay License. Marco Island Academy is conducting their annual toy drive for children and families in need.

The season of giving is upon us, and the MIA Toy Drive is once again lighting up the spirit of generosity in our school.

Ongoing until December 8th, the MIA Toy Drive gives students the opportunity to donate toys for community service hours in order to contribute to the magic of the holidays for underprivileged families. Students are encouraged to drop off gifts under the tree outside of Miss Scott’s office, unwrapped. By allowing parents themselves to wrap the gifts, we give them the opportunity to add a touch of connection and allow them the joy of being able to lovingly wrap gifts for their family.

For every toy donated, students will earn one community service hour.

The toys donated will be showcased on the MIA float during the Marco Island Christmas Parade. Picture the joyous sight of the MIA float overflowing with a colorful collection of gifts, showing the efforts of our school community coming together for a common cause. These toys will then be donated to families in need.

Last year, the MIA Toy Drive reached x number of families and provided gifts for fellow students from elementary schools to high schools. The Interact Club hopes to achieve a similarly heartening achievement this year and continue to make a difference in the lives of others.

“I think it’s a great thing we get to do for kids in the community.” remarked Daniel Heekin, a senior. “It brings MIA students together and we always get some great donations for those in need.”