MIA Committed - Alexa Groves
MIA Committed - Alexa Groves
May 6, 2024

Mia Winnik, Entertainment Editor • May 6, 2024

Through the Lens of Colorblindness
Through the Lens of Colorblindness
Grant Tirrell, Features Editor • May 6, 2024

Along with 1 in every 12 men and 1 in every 200 women worldwide, I experience the world through the lens of the genetic condition of color blindness....

May 6, 2024

Announcements   Good morning Marco Island Academy, HAPPY TEACHER APPRECIATION WEEK!!!, and today is Monday, May 6th, 2024, and these...

Rays Praise
Ray's Praise
May 6, 2024

What is Ray’s Praise? Ray’s Praise is an opportunity for students at MIA to show their appreciation for others. Whether it’s a classmate,...

Football Recap 10/6/23

The Marco Island Manta Rays are back and played with determination on Friday night against Bradenton Christian School. The Rays faced the 4-1 Panthers, who were eager to secure another win against our 1-3 Rays.

The game began with the Panthers kicking the ball into the Rays’ territory, and it didn’t take long for them to take control. The Panthers forced a fumble on the kick return, and they dominated from that point forward.

The Manta Rays were unable to make any stops in the first half and ended it at 49-0. They regrouped and returned to the game with their heads held high. Not only was the team ready to go, but the crowd and our MIA Cheerleaders were as ready as ever to see our boys succeed.

Both teams lined up for kick-off in the second half, and the Panthers quickly moved towards the endzone, scoring within seconds. Like the first half, they had taken over, and it seemed our Rays had lost their spark.

The final score was 72-0, but it’s worth noting that the Rays played with amazing effort and sportsmanship. They are hoping to come back with a win at our Homecoming and Senior Night game on October 20th.

Let’s go Rays!