A detailed look at the beach and some of its common shells.
Shelling on Marco Island
Andres Rodriguez, Science Editor • May 7, 2024

When walking on the beach, you might notice an array of colorful shells along the shore as the waves crash onto the beach. Have you ever thought...

MIA Committed - Alexa Groves
MIA Committed - Alexa Groves
May 6, 2024

Mia Winnik, Entertainment Editor • May 6, 2024

Through the Lens of Colorblindness
Through the Lens of Colorblindness
Grant Tirrell, Features Editor • May 6, 2024

Along with 1 in every 12 men and 1 in every 200 women worldwide, I experience the world through the lens of the genetic condition of color blindness....

morning-anouncements-art-club-a-frog-and-toadrt-club
Morning Announcements - 05/06/24
May 6, 2024

Announcements   Good morning Marco Island Academy, HAPPY TEACHER APPRECIATION WEEK!!!, and today is Monday, May 6th, 2024, and these...

Top 5 Cars in the MIA Parking Lot

Marco Island Academy’s students opinion on the “Top 5 Cars In the MIA Parking Lot”

Number 5

Colette’s car is a 2010 BMW 3 Series Convertable. Producing up to 300 horsepower, the car has a 3.0L 6-cylinder engine. 0-60 in 6.6 seconds the top speed is 140 mph. Although her car has had some rough patches recently this car is super reliable and can get you from point A to point B in style. 

[Mia Winnik]
Number 4

Arik’s truck is an International 1011 pickup. The engine is an A26, Cummins, Navistar. It’s a 12.4 L producing 365-475 horsepower and 1250-1750 ft. lbs of torque.  His mom drove it while she was in high school. It used to be her father’s car for lumber. It sat in a shed for years. Then Arik’s dad bought it, and we let Alpena High School try to fix it as much as possible. Then they took it to a mechanic who got the rest of the parts and made it work when they moved. Then it followed them down to Marco Island. The year of the truck is 1973. 

[Arik Mcguire]
Number 3

Chase’s truck is a 2020 Ram 1500 Bighorn, 5.7 L Hemi, 6-inch ReadyLift, 20 x 12 Gloss Black Vision Wheels, 35 in tires, 14 rock lights, front and back aftermarket bumpers, aftermarket head and tail lights, straight piped exhaust.

[Chase Polley]
Number 2 

Helena’s dark green 2010 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited. It’s a 3.8L v6 engine producing 202hp and has a 6-inch lift kit and 37-inch tires. 0-60 in 9.2 seconds but it can tow up to 3,500 lbs. 

[Max Davis]
Number 1

Mia’s car is a black 2009 Ford Mustang GT CS. The CS stands for ‘California Special’. It has a 4.6L V8 engine producing 300 horsepower and 320 ft/lbs of torque and reaches 60mph in 4.6 seconds. She has a 93 Bama tune on the car and a Roush exhaust system making the car sound better and run smoother. 

[Mia Winnik]