With prom on the horizon, here are the top fashion predictions for this year. Photo credit to Todd Cravens via Unsplash under Unsplash License
Top 6 Fashion Trend Predictions For Prom 2024
Collette Combs, Staff Writer • May 2, 2024

Prom is just around the corner and everyone is wondering what trends to expect to see on the dance floor. So I’m here to tell you what dresses,...

MIA Committed - Chase Polley
MIA Committed - Chase Polley
May 2, 2024

May 2, 2024

Announcements   Good morning Marco Island Academy, today is Thursday, May 2nd, 2024, and these are your morning announcements! General...

Apple has recently lifted a decade long ban on emulators with their products.
Emulators On Apple Devices - What Does This Mean?
Cade Scarnavack, Staff Writer • May 1, 2024

Recently, Apple removed a decade-long ban on emulators for all iOS devices. Emulators are a software or hardware that can be downloaded on a...

What Do You Smell Like Based On The Way You Design Your House?
Collette Combs, Staff Writer • May 1, 2024

Messi Madness

Photo via Pixabay under Pixabay License Messi has recently transferred to America and he has taken the league by storm.

Messi has

On July 15, 2023, Lionel Messi made an unprecedented signing in Major League Soccer (MLS) history, worth a whopping $60 million per year, including club equity and groundbreaking revenue-sharing agreements with sports giants Adidas and Apple. This historic move immediately placed him into the spotlight as the most expensive MLS signing ever, a position that came with intense pressure to perform at the highest level. 

However, Lionel Messi is not just a football legend; he’s the greatest football player ever. From the moment he stepped onto the field for Inter Miami, it was clear that he was in a league of his own. 

In his first 11 games with Inter Miami, Messi showcased his unrivaled talent, leading the team to a fantastic record of 10 wins, 1 draw, and 0 losses. During this winning streak, Messi was nothing short of goat-like, netting 11 goals and contributing eight assists. These statistics translated to an astounding average of over 1.7 goals or assists per game, a feat that left MLS fans and analysts in awe.

But Messi’s impact extended beyond just personal achievements. He single-handedly elevated Inter Miami from a mediocre team to a dominant force in the league. The most impressive moment of his time in Miami so far was when he led the team to their first-ever trophy, The League Cup. Before Messi’s signing, Inter Miami was not even considered a contender, still, he defied expectations and ultimately lifted the coveted trophy, cementing his status as a game-changer for the franchise. 

Off the field, Messi’s arrival triggered a noteworthy shift in the MLS landscape. The ripple effect was felt league-wide, with jersey sales, merchandise, and television ratings all experiencing an exponential rise. Inter Miami, once a club flying under the radar, suddenly became a focal point of excitement and pride for fans and players alike. The rise in attendance at their matches was a testament to the appeal of witnessing one of the greatest footballers in history perform live. 

The economic impact of Messi’s signing was equally impressive. On average, Inter Miami ticket prices skyrocketed by over 450% since the Argentine magician’s arrival. Fans were willing to pay a premium, with ticket prices ranging from $150 to over $900, highlighting the incredible value Messi brought to the team and the league as a whole. 

In the world of sports, Messi’s MLS journey was more than just a signing; it was a transformational event. It showcased the power of a true football icon and forever changed the status of the league, making him not only a sporting legend but also a catalyst for change and progress in American soccer.