Addison O, Staff Writer • May 13, 2024

With nesting season returning this month, its important to keep our turtles safe. Photo credit to Giorgia Doglioni
 via Unsplash under Unsplash License.
Protecting Turtles During Nesting Season
Michael Martinez-Melara, Staff Writer • May 10, 2024

It’s the beginning of May, and with May comes these beautiful creatures from the sea. It’s the beginning of nesting season for loggerhead...

Tesla is one of the most popular electronic vehicle companies in the world. Photo credit to Austin Ramsey via Unsplash under Unsplash License.
Employee’s Recent Battle with Tesla Layoffs
Kacie Swanson, Staff Writer • May 10, 2024

In recent weeks, Tesla began laying off large numbers of their employees. The employees were fired from various positions within the company...

The crowd at the Marco Island Jammin in the Park festival.
MIA Students Jammin' in the Park
Elle Richardson and Logan YarnellMay 10, 2024

On May 3rd, 2024, the MIA Academy of Rock opened the Jammin’ In The Park concert at Marco Island’s Veteran’s Park. The concert was a free...

Nicole Garcia-Pantoja, Staff Writer • May 10, 2024

Tyler’s Takes: Fantasy Football Forecast

Wide Receivers
Photo via Unsplash under Unsplash License Tyler’s Takes is a weekly Fantasy Football article talking about best and worst players to draft.

Top 5 Players with the Lowest Floor

Players with the lowest floor are expected to deliver mediocre performances in the league.

1. Deebo Samuel (49ers)

Deebo Samuel, at one point one of the most versatile fantasy football players in the league, excelled as both a receiver and running back. However, with Christian McCaffrey now on the 49ers, Samuel’s points per game (PPG) has dropped from 16 to 11. Considering Brandon Aiyuk’s strong performance, betting on Deebo Samuel for high-point returns this fantasy football season might not be wise.

2. DK Metcalf (Seahawks)

Despite barely making it into the top 20 wide receivers last season, DK Metcalf is projected as Wide Receiver 16 (WR16). Metcalf is also expected to share many targets with Tyler Lockett and rookie Jaxson Smith-Njigba. Smith-Njigba’s expected high volume could eat into Metcalf’s touches. Combining this with his target share and the Seahawks’ run-heavy offense, it wouldn’t be surprising if DK struggles this year.

3. JuJu Smith-Schuster (Patriots)

JuJu Smith-Schuster, last year’s WR20 with the pass-heavy Chiefs, now finds himself on a very run-heavy New England Patriots team. The Patriots also have an inconsistent quarterback in Mac Jones. Smith-Schuster shares targets with the Patriots’ new signing, Ezekiel Elliott.

4. Terry McLaurin (Commanders)

Terry McLaurin is one of the most consistent yet consistently mediocre players in Fantasy Football. He has never exceeded 1100 yards or placed higher than 19th in a PPR league. These trends suggest little indication that McLaurin will surpass 19th place this season.

5. George Pickens (Steelers)

As WR2 for the Steelers, George Pickens is overshadowed by Diontae Johnson, who gets most of the red zone targets and volume. The Steelers’ shaky quarterback situation, coupled with their run-heavy approach featuring Najee Harris and Jaylen Warren, predicts a low-scoring season for George Pickens.

Top 5 Sleepers or Steals

Players who are sleepers or steals are being overlooked by many fantasy football players and draft analysts.

1. Michael Thomas (Saints)

Michael Thomas’ ADP at 104 is extremely disrespectful to his skill level. Despite recent injuries, he ranks among the NFL’s best wide receivers when healthy. Although his floor might be low this season, his ceiling remains one of the highest in the league. It wouldn’t be surprising if he becomes the player who leads you to victory.

2. Mike Evans (Buccaneers)

Mike Evans has been one of the most consistent players of our generation, securing a top-12 receiver position every year of his career. His recent upgrade to Baker Mayfield from Jameis Winston further boosts his value. At WR35 right now, he’s significantly undervalued and could be a steal in the later rounds.

3. Hollywood Brown (Cardinals)

Recently traded to the Cardinals, Hollywood Brown’s projected 7th-round selection is exceedingly disrespectful. With DeAndre Hopkins sidelined, he should receive more touches and targets throughout the season. When Kyler Murray returns, he becomes a player to watch closely.

4. Jaxon Smith-Njigba (Seahawks)

A standout in college football, Jaxon Smith-Njigba has the potential to become one of the best receivers in fantasy football. His 2021 ranking of first in yards per route underscores his promise. While concerns about target sharing with Tyler Lockett and DK Metcalf may arise, the Seahawks invested a first-round pick in him, and Coach Pete Carroll is expected to grant him significant volume.

5. Jordan Addison (Vikings)

Jordan Addison, straight out of USC, is expected to be the WR2 for the Minnesota Vikings. Although he won’t receive the majority of the volume in the Vikings’ offense (reserved for Justin Jefferson), he could be considered the WR2 as long as he outperforms TJ Hockenson. Addison’s impressive college performance, with rankings of 22 or higher in yards per route run over the past two seasons, suggests great potential. If the Vikings continue targeting their wide receivers heavily, Jordan Addison is likely to put up impressive numbers this season.

Players with the Highest Ceiling

Players with a high ceiling have the potential to be fantastic.

1. Justin Jefferson (Vikings)

With an ADP of 1, Justin Jefferson’s influence is palpable. An influential player last season, his solid connection with his quarterback led to him being first in targets throughout the season. He secured the second-highest wide receiver PPG and led in red zone targets. This season, he’s projected to lead all wide receivers in points.

2. Cooper Kupp (Rams)

Cooper Kupp’s blend of a high ceiling and high floor is a potent combination. Despite a high ankle sprain sidelining him for much of the previous season, he ranked third in target share. Given his central role in the Rams’ offense, it wouldn’t be surprising if he ended the season as the highest-scoring wide receiver.

3. Ja’Marr Chase (Bengals)

In his first two seasons, Ja’Marr Chase ranked fourth and fifth in wide receiver points. As WR1 in targets and the leader in fantasy PPG last season, he has become a coveted player with Joe Burrow as his quarterback. This is reflected in his ADP of 3 this season.

4. DeVante Adams (Raiders)

DeVante Adams has cemented his position as one of the best wide receivers in the NFL, boasting an undeniably high ceiling. His strong performance in both PPG and red zone targets contributes to his significant impact. As the star receiver of the Raiders’ offense, there’s ample reason to believe that he will continue dominating the league in points among wide receivers.

5. Tyreek Hill (Dolphins)

Tyreek Hill has consistently been one of the best receivers in the NFL for the past 6 seasons, and he is only getting better with his personal best season in 2022 with over 1700 yards. Tyreek Hill always has the potential to be the league-winning player on your team and it is only fair that his ADP reflects that.

View Comments (1)
$495
$1200