Morning Announcements – 4/28/22

Riley Letendre, Managing Editor

General Announcements
With college commitments upon us, we want to celebrate your futures.  Please email [email protected] with a photo of yourself, your major, and your future path – ALL PATHS ARE INCLUDED!  See the Class of 2022 for more information!

Athletics:
Football:  Interested in joining the Manta Ray Nation? Come to the gym during “A” or “B” lunch tomorrow!

Baseball:  Congratulations to our boys for their 14-9 win at  Golden Gate High School last night!  Come out to TBE tonight for a 6 p.m. game against the Indians of Immokalee. This is the last home game of the year! Let’s make some noise for our boys!

Cheer:  Interested in joining our 2022-2023 squad?  Sign up at Miss Roberts’ Office.  Tryouts will be Wednesday, May 4th through Friday, May 6th starting at 3:30 p.m. in the gymnasium.  You must have a 2.0 or higher to try out as well as a current physical and insurance card on file.  

Track:  Good luck to our track team today!  The team competes in the District meet at the Community School of Naples! 

Activities:  

Prom 2022: Travel to Paris and dance under the stars. Prom 2022 is at the JW Marriott on Saturday May,14th. Tickets start at $100 and are sold during A and B lunches in the third floor hallway. If you are bringing a guest, all guest forms must be turned in by May 6th. A copy of your guest’s ID must be attached to the form. Forms must be approved before purchasing your guest’s ticket. 

Performing Arts:

Puppet Workshop: Interested in learning how to make a puppet like the ones made in Mr. Dayett’s theatre classes? Mr. Dayett will be leading a puppet workshop on Fridays after school. Learn how to design and build your very own puppet! 

Volunteer Opportunity: Need some school volunteer hours (to the tune of 15 to 75 hours)…or even some Thespian points? Mr. Dayett will be teaching several performing arts classes this June and July for kids at the Marco Island Center for the Arts and is looking for some assistants. Duties for the younger kids classes include helping attendees tell and write stories and a screenplay, arts and crafts, and filming their stories. For the older kids’ classes, duties include helping attendees tell and develop short stories for the stage and/or being an actor in a staged reading of the plays (the highlight of the summer). See or email Mr Dayett for details.

Daily Affirmation: “Stay positive, better days are on their way.”