Morning Announcements – 3/22/22

Riley Letendre, Managing Editor

General Announcements

SCHOLARSHIPS – Hey Junior and Seniors, please check Google Classrooms as scholarships have been updated over break!!!  There is money to be scooped up!!!!  

Heyyyyyyyyyyy Seniors – With college commitment season right around the corner, we want to celebrate your futures.  Email [email protected] with a photo of yourself, your major, and your future school (cosmetology, vocational, workforce program, military are also included)!  You deserve to be celebrated!  See the Class of 2022 for more information!

Athletics:

Baseball:  Congratulations to our baseball team for their 17-0 win last night against the Gators of Everglades City. Come out tonight to cheer on our Manta Rays against the Titans of Golden Gate High School tonight at 6 p.m. 

Activities:  

Performing Arts

Thespians:  Congrats to all of the Thespians who attended and competed in the One Act and the individual events at the State competition in Tampa over break. The competition was very tough this year. Riley Letendre, Cassie Letendre, Phoenix Gutierrez, Collette Combs, Haylen Irvan, Annabelle Frazer, and Rachel Weiner proudly represented District 13 in the One Act competition and received some great feedback for future productions. 

Bella Burgos earned a Superior for her solo song. Kira Swanson and Rachel Weiner earned an Excellent for their duet. Teagan Lynn earned Excellent for both her costume and makeup designs. 

The Little Mermaid:  Tickets are now on sale for The Little Mermaid. Scan the QR code on the posters around campus to order your tickets now before the price goes up at the door and/or we are sold out!  Tickets are going fast!

Rehearsals resume this week. From now on it is full cast at every rehearsal. 

Mr Dayett is looking for a few committed individuals to serve on crew for the show. Expectations are to come to the remaining rehearsals and 3 performances. Duties include lights, sound, and backstage crew.

Daily Affirmation: “Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom.”