Morning Announcements – 2/25/22

Riley Letendre, Managing Editor

General Announcements

Hey JuniorsDon’t forget to check out the updates in your Class’ Google Classroom!  It’s never too early to start prepping for the SAT, especially the free one that will be offered on our campus on Wednesday, March 2, which is coming up NEXT WEEK!

Heyyyyyyyyyyy Seniors – With college commitment season right around the corner, we want to celebrate your futures.  Email [email protected] with a photo of yourself, your major, and your future school (cosmetology, vocational, workforce program, military are also included)!  You deserve to be celebrated!  See the Class of 2022 for more information!

Athletics 
Baseball:  Good luck to our baseball team this evening.  Our Rays travel to Golden Gate High School for a 6 p.m. game with the Titans.  

Track: Good luck to our track teams competing at Palmetto Ridge today!  Run fast, Rays! Our boys competing in the field events will be dismissed early.  

Lacrosse: Shout out to our girls’ lacrosse players for their mercy rule win against Golden Gate last night!  Great effort by our boys’ lacrosse players against an always tough Gulf Coast squad.  Go Rays!

Activities  

Manta Motors: Rev your engines! The MIA car club, Manta Motors, will be having their first meeting next Monday after school. Join for car talk, car meets, and more. Don’t be running late!

The Little Mermaid: The Little Mermaid rehearsals continue today with the full cast.  Please check Band for any updates.  Stage Crew is needed this week, please see Mr. Dayett for more details.

Thespians: We are exactly 3 weeks away from the State competition. Now is the time to start rehearsing and perfecting your pieces. Bad Wisdom – now is the time to dust off your scripts and get ready to rehearse! Today is the last Thespian meeting before the competition, so bring all of your questions and any outstanding payments. Be sure to check Band for updates. 

SGA & History and Culture Club: Does your car, truck, or Jeep lack a little sparkle? Haven’t had time to give it a wash lately? Bring it to Kretch’s this Saturday from 8:30 to 12:30 where students will be hosting a fundraising car wash for Prom 2022 and the Spain and Portugal trip. Drive on over and show your support! 

Daily Affirmation: “If there’s a book that you want to read, but it hasn’t been written yet, then why not write it?”