Morning Announcements – 1/28/22

Riley Letendre, Managing Editor

General Announcements

Cocomo’s Grill: Cocomo’s Grill is looking for a hostess a few nights a week.  They offer $12 an hour and work hours are 5-9 p.m., and they are closed on Sundays.  If you’re interested, please stop by and fill out an application. 

Tony’s NY Pizza is hiring!  If you’re 15 or older and are looking for a job, stop in or text
(386) 264-0290.  No experience is necessary!  You can be hired right on the spot! 

Re-Enrollment: Re-Enrollment applications are due back to your mentor no later than THIS Monday, January 31st!  If you DO NOT TURN ONE IN, YOU WILL BE PUT INTO OPEN ENROLLMENT. 

Athletics:  

Baseball:  Baseball tryouts are tomorrow 10 a.m. for students currently in a winter sport. 

Basketball: Congratulations to our girls’ basketball team for their exciting PCAC Championship win last night at Everglades City.  Thank you to our cheer team and boys’ basketball team for making the drive down and keeping our girls pumped up.  Shout out to our student body for coming down and supporting our girls.  To Cadence, Jocelyn, and Michelle, we will miss watching you play and we love you! 

Soccer: Good luck to our boys’ soccer team this afternoon.  The boys host the Stingrays from Seacrest Country Day in the district semifinal game.  Game time is 4 p.m. at Winterberry Park.  Tickets are $6.00 for everyone as this game is an FHSAA District game.  

Good luck to our girls’ soccer team this evening.  Our girls travel to First Baptist Academy for a 6 p.m. district semifinal game. 

Go Rays!

Activities:  

Open Mic Night: Get your act together, and join us on the rooftop for Spring Semester’s Open Mic Night this Friday at 6:30pm. See your Class of Google Classroom page for more details. Food and drinks will be available for purchase. 

Thespians: If you owe money for Districts and/or States, please turn it in to Mr. Dayett or Miss Roberts TODAY to avoid losing your Thespians status and/or points. 

BOO BOO & Biffle Grams – February is almost upon us so it’s time to start thinking about that special shawtyyy. Boo boo and biffle grams will be ON SALE next week during mentoring and at lunch. Check out the new designs this year and be sure to purchase one for your boo boo or biffle!

Daily Affirmation: “If you wait for perfect conditions, you’ll never get anything done.”