Morning Announcements – 1/27/22

Riley Letendre, Managing Editor

General Announcements

Cocomo’s Grill: Cocomo’s Grill is looking for a hostess a few nights a week.  They offer $12 an hour and work hours are 5-9 p.m., and they are closed on Sundays.  If you’re interested, please stop by and fill out an application. 

Tony’s NY Pizza is hiring!  If you’re 15 or older and are looking for a job, stop in or text
(386) 264-0290.  No experience is necessary!  You can be hired right on the spot! 

Re-Enrollment: Re-Enrollment applications are due back to your mentor no later than Monday, January 31st!  Don’t delay; secure your spot at MIA! 

Athletics:  

Baseball:  Baseball tryouts are at 10 a.m. on Saturday, January 29th for students currently in a winter sport. 

Basketball: Good luck to our girls’ basketball team tonight! The girls head to Everglades City for the PCAC Championship! Tip off is at 6:30 p.m. See Google Classroom for the ticket website.  Go Rays!

Activities:  

Performing Arts: Little Mermaid rehearsals will begin TODAY after school in Mr. Dayett’s room. Please be sure you are checking Band on a regular basis for rehearsal updates. A lot of information will be posted this week and weekend. 

Open Mic Night: Get your act together, and join us on the rooftop for Spring Semester’s Open Mic Night this Friday at 6:30pm. See your Class of Google Classroom page for more details. Food and drinks will be available for purchase. 

Thespians: If you owe money for Districts and/or States, please turn it in to Mr. Dayett or Miss Roberts by this Friday to avoid losing your Thespians status and/or points. 

Chess Club: If you are interested in learning, playing, or competing in CHESS, join us in Room 314 today at 3:20.  After learning the moves, you will gain skill at the difference between strong moves and weak moves.  And most importantly, you will learn how to CHECKMATE, winning the game!

Daily Affirmation: “If you wait for perfect conditions, you’ll never get anything done.”