Morning Announcements – 1/25/22

Riley Letendre, Managing Editor

General Announcements

Cocomo’s Grill: Cocomo’s Grill is looking for a hostess a few nights a week.  They offer $12 an hour and work hours are 5-9 p.m., and they are closed on Sundays.  If you’re interested, please stop by and fill out an application.  

Re-Enrollment: Re-Enrollment applications are due back to your mentor no later than Monday, January 31st!  Don’t delay; secure your spot at MIA! 

Volunteer Opportunity:  We are looking for FOUR students to help our Marco Island’s Power Squadron – THIS FRIDAY from 4:30-7:30pm.  If you can help out, please see Miss Roberts or Miss Scott for the details. 

Athletics:  

Baseball:  Baseball tryouts are at 10 a.m. on Saturday, January 29th for students currently in a winter sport. 

Basketball: Thank you to our student volunteers Sidney, Veronica, and Lauren for helping out sell tickets and snacks during last night’s exciting game.  Congratulations to our girls’ basketball team for their 39-38 win against Bishop Verot in overtime! Good luck to our girls tonight in the PCAC semifinals at Donahue Academy in Ave Maria. The girls tip off at 7:30 p.m. 

Good luck to our JV and Varsity boys teams in their last regular season games! The boys travel to Gateway Charter HS for 5:30 and 7 p.m. games.

Go Rays!

Activities:  

PERFORMING ARTS: Interested in working behind the scenes on Little Mermaid as a Stage Manager or working with costumes, sets, props, painting, lights, sound, marketing, fundraising, and more? There will be a brief meeting tomorrow – Wednesday- after school for all those interested in working behind the curtain.

Little Mermaid rehearsals will begin Thursday after school in Mr. Dayett’s room. Please be sure you are checking Band on a regular basis for rehearsal updates. A lot of information will be posted this week and weekend.

Open Mic Night: Get your act together and join us on the rooftop for Spring Semester’s Open Mic Night this Friday at 6:30 pm. See your Class of Google Classroom page for more details. Food and drinks will be available for purchase.

Thespians: If you owe money for Districts and/or States, please turn it into Mr. Dayett or Miss Roberts by this Friday to avoid losing your Thespians status and/or points.

Daily Affirmation: “If you get tired, learn to rest, not to quit.”