Morning Announcements – January 19th, 2022

Riley Letendre, Managing Editor

General Announcements

Re-Enrollment: Re-Enrollment applications are due back to your mentor no later than Monday, January 31st!  Don’t delay, secure your spot at MIA today! 

MIA Photo Shoot: Attention ALL RAYS!!  Don’t forget that there is a school-wide photo shoot tomorrow morning. Please remember to wear your Ray gear or dress to impress.  

Class of 2022: 

There will be a senior meeting during block one, today. Please report to block one.  You will be released via all-call. 

Please do not miss out on making some MONEY!!!  Check out all the SCHOLARSHIP opportunities on the CLASS of 2022 Google Classroom!!  

Athletics:  

Basketball: Congratulations to our boys’ basketball team for their win against the Village School of Naples last night.   Tonight, our JV basketball team hosts Mason Classical at 6 p.m. tonight. Come out and support them! 

On Friday night, come out and celebrate our senior girls basketball players and senior cheerleaders.  Our Manta Rays host the Panthers of Cypress Lake High School at 6:30 p.m. for the girls and 8 p.m. for the boys.  Senior Night celebrations will take place between games.  

Soccer: Thank you to everyone who came out and celebrated our seniors last night at Winterberry Park.  Congratulations to both teams for their wins last night, and a shout out to our boys’ team for their come from behind win, securing their 4th PCAC Championship in a row!  Go Rays!

Activities:  

SGA/Leadership:  We’re bringing Friday doughnuts back! That’s right. Keep the new year celebration going with sweet treats on sale this Friday morning at the car loop entrance. Just $1 a doughnut! Treat yourself and a friend! 

Chess Club

If you are interested in learning CHESS, join us at Room 314 tomorrow at 3:20. 

After learning the moves, you will gain skill at the difference between strong moves and weak moves.  And most importantly, you will learn how to CHECKMATE, winning the game!

Daily Affirmation: “If you don’t have the courage to walk alone, others will not have the courage to walk with you.”