Morning Announcements – January 18th, 2022

Riley Letendre, Managing Editor

Class of 2022: 

There will be a senior meeting during block one, tomorrow. Please report to block one.  You will be released via all-call. 

Please do not miss out on making some MONEY!!!  Check out all the SCHOLARSHIP opportunities on the CLASS of 2022 Google Classroom!!  

Athletics:  

Baseball:  Baseball tryouts will be Monday, January 24th and Saturday, January 29th for students currently in a winter sport. Be sure to check in with Miss Roberts to ensure you’re on the list for tryouts and are cleared to play. 

Basketball: Good luck to our boys’ varsity team tonight in their last PCAC game of the season.  The Manta Rays travel to the Village School of Naples for a 6 p.m. game.

Soccer: Congratulations to our girls for their 7-0 win and our guys for their 8-0 win over the Village School of Naples Friday night. Come out and honor our seniors tonight vs. MCA. Ricardo Ramirez, see Miss Roberts ASAP if you’re planning on being a part of senior night.  The girls play at 5 and the boys at 7. Tonight is senior night at Winterberry Park!  

Activities:  

Performing Arts

Want to be a part of the most ambitious theatre production at MIA to date? Get ready to go under the sea. Auditions for The Little Mermaid will be today after school. You must complete an audition form and sign-up on the sheet outside Mr. Dayett’s door.
Can’t make the audition today but really want to be involved? See Mr. Dayett ASAP. 

Fishing Club:  Fishing Club meets tomorrow morning at 7:45 a.m. in Room 133. We will be discussing the upcoming shark tournament. We hope to see you there! 

Daily Affirmation: “Life’s most persistent and urgent question is – What are you doing for others?”