Morning Announcements – January 14th, 2022

Riley Letendre, Managing Editor

Re-Enrollment: Attention UNDERCLASSMEN: Our 2022-2023 re-enrollment period begins today.  You will be receiving your re-enrollment packet today in mentoring. 

Class of 2022: 

Please do not miss out on making some MONEY!!!  Check out all the SCHOLARSHIP opportunities on the CLASS of 2022 Google Classroom!!  

Athletics:  

Baseball:  Baseball tryouts will be Monday, January 24th and Saturday, January 29th for students currently in a winter sport. Be sure to check in with Miss Roberts to ensure you’re on the list for tryouts and are cleared to play. 

Basketball: Congratulations to our boys’ basketball team for their 50-39 win over PCAC foe, Donahue Academy. Come out and cheer on our JV Boys at 5:30 p.m. and Varsity boys at 7 p.m.! Stop by the Manta Ray Cafe for pizza, popcorn, HOT wieners, and to say hi to Miss Scott and our student volunteers! 

Soccer: Congratulations to our girls for their 2-1 win and our guys for their 5-0 win over Mason Classical last night at North Collier Regional Park. 

Good luck to our girls and guys soccer teams today! The girls host the Village School of Naples at 4 with the boys to follow at 6 p.m. at Winterberry Park!  Go Rays!

Activities:  

Performing Arts

Want to be a part of the most ambitious theatre production at MIA to date? Get ready to go under the sea. Auditions for The Little Mermaid will be next Tuesday after school. You must complete an audition form and sign-up on the sheet outside Mr. Dayett’s door. Members of Thespians will be around during Mentoring this week to share more information on getting involved as a performer and/or backstage crew. Can’t make the audition on Tuesday but really want to be involved? See Mr. Dayett ASAP. 

Thespians 

There will be a Thespians meeting today after school in room 228. Anyone interested in getting involved in theatre this spring is encouraged to be there. Current thespians are expected to be there.

Conservation Leadership Program

Calling all Ray Scientists, please make sure to turn in the Conservation Leadership Program forms to Mr. Swope by the end of today if you are interested in joining this excellent, new environmental program.

Daily Affirmation: “It doesn’t matter how many times you fall, what counts is how many times you stand up again.”