Morning Announcements – January 12th, 2022

Riley Letendre, Managing Editor

Athletics:  

Baseball:  Baseball tryouts will be Monday, January 24th and Saturday, January 29th for students currently in a winter sport. Be sure to check in with Miss Roberts to ensure you’re on the list for tryouts and are cleared to play. 

Basketball:  Congratulations to our boys’ team for their win at Everglades City last night

Go Rays!

Activities:  

Key Club: Attention Key Club Nation! Today there will be an all-members meeting in both Mr. Montgomery’s Room (if you’re in A lunch) and Mrs. Galiana’s room (if you’re in B lunch). Meetings will continue to be on every WEDNESDAY. Just like last semester, make sure you head to the Lookout Lounge FIRST and a teacher will call down Key Clubbers to the meeting. Thank you!

Performing Arts

Want to be a part of the most ambitious theatre production at MIA to date? Get ready to go under the sea. Auditions for The Little Mermaid will be next Tuesday after school. You must complete an audition form and sign up on the sheet outside Mr. Dayett’s door. Members of Thespians will be around during Mentoring this week to share more information on getting involved as a performer and/or backstage crew. Can’t make the audition on Tuesday but really want to be involved? See Mr. Dayett ASAP. 

Daily Affirmation: “When you focus on problems, you’ll have more problems. When you focus on possibilities, you’ll have more opportunities.”