Morning Announcements – October 14th, 2021

Phoenix Gutierrez, Digital Media & Layout Editor

General Announcements:
Subway: If you are planning on ordering Subway, be sure to please select pick up and write “Marco Island Academy order” in the Special Instructions box. Please have your orders in before 10:15am. Do NOT select delivery!

Athletics:
Volleyball: Congratulations to our Varsity team for their 3 set win at Lely High School, on their senior night, last night! Thank you to Mr. Melvin for sponsoring our student section and a HUGE shout out to our very own Michelle Armas for being the world’s best Manta Ray! Good luck to JV and Varsity tonight as they travel to Saint John Neumann for a 5:30 and 7 p.m. game!

Winter Sports: Interested in Basketball? Soccer? Cheer? Boys & Girls Soccer begins on Monday, October 18th, so please make sure to turn in your Athletic packet to Miss Roberts by Friday, October 15th so you are able to play on Monday!
Girls’ basketball begins on Monday, October 25th and Boys’ basketball on Monday, Nov. 1st!

Baseball: There will be an informational meeting for all student athletes interested in playing baseball this spring. Please report to Room 137 at dismissal tomorrow! Go Rays!

Activities:
Yearbook: Student Portraits are TODAY!! Freshman photos will be during 1st and 2nd block; Sophomore photos will be during 3rd block, and Junior photos will be during 4th block. Teachers, please check the schedule Miss Roberts sent so you’re aware of when your students will be brought down for photos. Remember, you’re never fully dressed without a smile!

Spanish National Honor Society: Hispanic Heritage Month trivia is tomorrow!! Be sure to scan the QR codes posted around the school to practice on Quizlet! Top 5 high scores will receive a gift card!

SGA: Ready for a magical time? This year’s homecoming, “I Put a Spell on You”is Saturday, October 30th. Tickets start at $80 and ARE on sale during lunch in the Athletics & Activities office during A and B lunches. Guest forms are available at the front desk and must be submitted to Ms. Roberts no later than Friday, October 22nd.

Boo Grams: It’s SPOOOOOOKKKKYYYYY SEASON, so it’s time for BOOgrams. Muahhhhhhhhh….. Next week, purchase one for a frightening friend or that special spooky someone. Buy one for $3.00 or two for $5.00: card and candy included.

Looking for Something New? Interested in a little dance, dance, dance… MIA is beginning a dance team. The interest meeting is next Tuesday the 19th in Room ___. Be there!

Daily Affirmation: “communicate ✨”