The MIA Snack Taste Test
Addison O, Staff Writer • May 9, 2024

THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT: THE ANTHOLOGY: An Album Review
Skylar Siems and Lauren RileyMay 9, 2024

https://open.spotify.com/album/5H7ixXZfsNMGbIE5OBSpcb “The Tortured Poets Department” is the 11th official studio album release from singer...

MIA Committed - Makayla Hendrick
MIA Committed - Makayla Hendrick
May 9, 2024

Cade Scarnavack, Staff Writer • May 9, 2024

U.S News, one of the largest education ranking sites, has been the subject of recent controversy concerning the reliability of their rankings.
U.S. News’s High School Ranking Methods Spark Controversy
Helena Davis, Grant Tirrell, and Annabelle FrazerMay 8, 2024

Though the 2024 senior class of Marco Island Academy eagerly awaits their eminent graduation date, bound to go their separate ways to begin the...

Morning Announcements – 4/4/24

Announcements

Good morning Marco Island Academy, today is Thursday, April 4th,  2024,  and these are your morning announcements!

General Announcements: 

Seniors: With college commitment season here, The Wave wants to celebrate your futures! Email [email protected] with a photo of yourself, your major, and your future school (cosmetology, vocational, workforce program, and military are also included)!  You deserve to be celebrated!

Key Club Reminders: Good morning Key Club! Please remember to bring in your items for the school’s food and art supply drives. All donations will go towards children in foster care. 

Food Drive: Our Daily Bread has asked our school to participate in their food drive for this semester. If you would like to help out, please bring in canned goods and other items according to the signs posted in the car loop; bins are located in the first-floor hallway. The drive lasts until April 17th, and don’t forget to turn in your hours through Key Club or the front desk!

Fine Arts: ATTEN-SEE-OWN-NAY ALL YOU ARTEESTS AND ART LOVERS!!!

Mystery Der’s Creative Photography students will have their artwork displayed at the Marco Island Center for the Arts for the entire month of April.  Please come and celebrate with the student artists at the Opening Reception from 5:30 to 7 on Tuesday, April 9th where you can enjoy amazing artwork, lively conversation and delicious Hors d’Oeuvres.  Be There or Be Trapezoidal!

SNHS Bake Sale: During both A and B lunches today and tomorrow, SNHS is hosting a Disney-themed bake sale. Come out to grab some magical treats. 

Activities

Performing Arts: Little Shop of Horrors opens in just 2 weeks. Tickets are now on sale – $10 in advance for students and increases to $15 at the door. Visit MIATheatre.com or scan the QR code on the posters around campus for more details and box office info!

Mr. Dayett is looking for a small crew to run sound and lights for Little Shop. See him for more details. 

Athletics:  

Baseball:  The boys team took home the win against the Raiders Northridge Academy last night! 

Boys lacrosse: Tonight the boys team take on the Patriots of Aubrey Rogers HOME tonight at 6:00pm. Let’s take home a win! 

Senior Night: Tonight we celebrate our seniors on both the boys lacrosse team AND track team. Senior night starts at 5:30 on the home field. Please come out to show your support. 

Gooooo Rays!

Daily Affirmation: “ My life is 10 percent what happens to me and 90 percent of how I react to it.”

Have a Thrifty Disney-Themed Thursday!