MIA Rays Lacrosse Debuts An Excellent Season

Ryan Sweeney, Staff Writer

The Boys Lacrosse team here at MIA had an amazing inaugural season this year. They ended their season on a high note with a big senior night win over Golden Gate. Seniors Daniel Donaldson, Micheal Puell, and Alejo Ruiz led the team over many hurdles this season, and kept the team tightly knit and motivated throughout the season.

Junior Goalie, Ivan Harrison, had a particularly amazing season in goal. With a save percentage above 50%, he even secured a shutout during the season. Sophomore Gavin Pascale led the offensive side for the Rays this season by being the leading scorer for the team, and fellow sophomore Lincoln Labutte was not far behind, as he too had an amazing offensive season.

The Rays began their season with strong preseason wins over their competitors at Lely and Golden Gate. They started their season off with a big win in an away game against Golden Gate, in which they won 18-0. But the home opener for the Rays was much more exciting, a game that was tied 10-10 against Riverdale went into overtime, though unfortunately Riverdale scored the game winning goal in OT. 

The biggest game of the year for the Rays was their final game of the season, which ended up being a massive success. The Lacrosse team was able to send off their senior leaders with a huge 15-1 over their rivals, Golden Gate.

With that win, the Rays ended their season going 4-5 to cap off an amazing beginning chapter for the lacrosse program here at MIA. The Rays look to build upon their success this year and propel themselves into another great year in the 2023-2024 term.