The MIA Snack Taste Test
Addison O, Staff Writer • May 9, 2024

THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT: THE ANTHOLOGY: An Album Review
Skylar Siems and Lauren RileyMay 9, 2024

https://open.spotify.com/album/5H7ixXZfsNMGbIE5OBSpcb “The Tortured Poets Department” is the 11th official studio album release from singer...

MIA Committed - Makayla Hendrick
MIA Committed - Makayla Hendrick
May 9, 2024

Cade Scarnavack, Staff Writer • May 9, 2024

U.S News, one of the largest education ranking sites, has been the subject of recent controversy concerning the reliability of their rankings.
U.S. News’s High School Ranking Methods Spark Controversy
Helena Davis, Grant Tirrell, and Annabelle FrazerMay 8, 2024

Though the 2024 senior class of Marco Island Academy eagerly awaits their eminent graduation date, bound to go their separate ways to begin the...

Morning Announcements – 04/10/24

Announcements

Good morning Marco Island Academy, today is Thursday, April 10th, 2024, and these are your morning announcements!

General Announcements: 

Seniors: The Wave wants to celebrate your futures! Email [email protected] with a photo of yourself, your major, and your future path. 

Also, please check Google Classroom for new scholarships, as they continue to be offered and added.  

Key Club Reminders: Please remember to bring in your items for the school’s art supply drive. All donations will go towards children in foster care. 

Food Drive: Our Daily Bread has asked for MIA’s participation in their ongoing food drive.  If you can help, please bring in canned goods and the other requested items; bins are located in the first-floor hallway. The drive lasts until April 17th.  Also, don’t forget to turn in your hours through Key Club or the front desk!

Activities

Prom: Attention juniors and seniors – Prom tickets go on sale next week during A and B lunches, Monday, April 15. Tickets are on sale for senior privileges only for the first week. Make sure to pick up your guest forms if you are planning on bringing someone from outside the school from Mrs.Kraft at the front desk. The last day to turn in guest forms is May 3rd, and the last day to purchase tickets is May 6th. We are so excited to see you in the Enchanted Forest on May 11th in the Marriott ballroom.

Performing Arts: Tickets for Little Shop of Horrors are now on sale online for only $10. Get them before they’re gone at MIATheatre.com.

Athletics:

Tennis: Congratulations to the Girls tennis team on their 4-3 victory against Golden Gate last night! The boys played a tough match, but came up just a bit short.

Come out to see us today for our last home match of the season starting at 4 PM. We hope to see you at the Racquet Club.

Girls Lacrosse: Best of luck to the girls in the district competition as they travel to CSN to take on the Community School of Naples. 

Daily Affirmation:The power of positive thinking may improve your mood and sense of well-being.

Have a Wild-Shot Wednesday!