The Cuban Missile Saves MIA From A Crisis
Kai Samuel, Contributing Cartoonist • 4 minutes ago

The full cast promo shot for MIAs production of Little Shop of Horrors. Photo Credit to Chris Dayett
A Look Behind the Curtain: The Production of a Musical
Logan Yarnell, News Editor • 28 minutes ago

Musicals are a much-loved part of arts all around the world. From the Broadway stages in New York to small school auditoriums, ever since the...

Photo credit to Laura Chouette via Unsplash under Unsplash License.
The role of social media influencers in the world of marketing continues to grow.
The Rise of Social Media Influencers in Marketing
Jenna Golec, Staff Writer • 21 hours ago

Recently social media influencers have emerged into the marketing world. With large followings many social media influencers have found a way...

Photo credit to Anthony Delanoix via Unsplash under Unsplash License.
In an era succeeding a global pandemic, how have festivals and concerts adjusted?
Exploring Music Festivals In A Post-Pandemic Era
Skylar Siems, Staff Writer • 21 hours ago

Since the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, musical festivals have undergone significant changes. Understandably, the pandemic has impacted nearly...

Photo credit to 
Rivage via Unsplash under Unsplash License.
There has been a recent surge in the popularity of retro gaming consoles.
The Resurgence of Retro Gaming: Exploring the Appeal of Vintage Consoles and Classic Games
Cade Scarnavack, Staff Writer • 21 hours ago

The Resurgence of Retro Gaming: Exploring the Appeal of Vintage Consoles and Classic Games In 1952, Cambridge professor Sandy Douglas released...

Morning Announcements – 4/2/2024

Announcements

Good morning Marco Island Academy, today is Tuesday, April 2, 2024,  and these are your morning announcements!

General Announcements: 

Seniors: With college commitment season here, The Wave wants to celebrate your futures! Email [email protected] with a photo of yourself, your major, and your future school (cosmetology, vocational, workforce program, and military are also included)!  You deserve to be celebrated!

Key Club Reminders: Good morning Key Club! Please remember to bring in your items for the school’s food and art supply drives. All donations will go towards children in foster care. 

Food Drive: Our Daily Bread has asked our school once again to participate in their food drive for this semester. If you would like to help out, please bring in canned goods and other items according to the signs posted in the car loop; bins are located in the first-floor hallway. The drive lasts until April 17th, and don’t forget to turn in your hours through Key Club or the front desk!

Activities

Performing Arts: Little Shop of Horrors opens in just 2 weeks. Tickets are now on sale – $10 in advance for students and increases to $15 at the door. Visit MIATheatre.com or scan the QR code on the posters around campus for more details and box office info!

Mr. Dayett is looking for a small crew to run sound and lights for Little Shop. See him for more details. 

Athletics:  

Track: Good luck to our track team as they face the Titans of Golden Gate away at 3:35pm.

Tennis: Also good luck to our tennis team, as they go up against the Indians at Immokalee High School- 4:00pm

Lacrosse: Tonight, our boys lacrosse team takes on the Eagles of Naples High at 6:30pm.  Gooooo Rays!

Daily Affirmation: “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.”   

Have a Triple Triumph Tuesday!