Photo credit to Laura Chouette via Unsplash under Unsplash License.
The role of social media influencers in the world of marketing continues to grow.
The Rise of Social Media Influencers in Marketing
Jenna Golec, Staff Writer • April 18, 2024

Recently social media influencers have emerged into the marketing world. With large followings many social media influencers have found a way...

Photo credit to Anthony Delanoix via Unsplash under Unsplash License.
In an era succeeding a global pandemic, how have festivals and concerts adjusted?
Exploring Music Festivals In A Post-Pandemic Era
Skylar Siems, Staff Writer • April 18, 2024

Since the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, musical festivals have undergone significant changes. Understandably, the pandemic has impacted nearly...

Photo credit to 
Rivage via Unsplash under Unsplash License.
There has been a recent surge in the popularity of retro gaming consoles.
The Resurgence of Retro Gaming: Exploring the Appeal of Vintage Consoles and Classic Games
Cade Scarnavack, Staff Writer • April 18, 2024

The Resurgence of Retro Gaming: Exploring the Appeal of Vintage Consoles and Classic Games In 1952, Cambridge professor Sandy Douglas released...

Photo credit to Sandro Schuh via Unsplash under Unsplash License. 
The mental health of athletes is a subject commonly overlooked.
Unveiling the Relationship Between Mental Health and Sports
Addison O, Staff Writer • April 18, 2024

Athletes confront a myriad of mental health challenges, ranging from anxiety and depression to eating disorders and substance abuse, largely...

The MIA Pickleball Club

The MIA Pickleball Club is a fun opportunity for students interested in the sport to learn and have fun.
Jenna Golec

The MIA pickleball club was created in the school year of 2022-2023. Every Friday, from 4-6, the club meets at the Racquetball Center on Marco Island. The pickleball club begins its meetings directly after football season comes to a close.

The supervisor, Mr. Wood, is a science teacher, football coach, and the Pickleball club advisor. Mr. Wood loves meeting with the club members, “When we meet as a club to play pickleball, there are absolutely no guarantees besides having a good time.” Everyone is welcome, from beginners to advanced players. The goal is to work on improving your skills and to have fun!

Pickleball is a mix of ping pong and tennis. In pickleball, players can engage in singles, which involves a single player, or doubles, which requires a teammate. Pickleball involves just enough movement to raise your heart rate.

Scan this QR Code to join the GroupMe and learn more about Pickleball Club! (Jenna Golec)

Pickleball has become the fastest-growing sport among all ages. Pickleball is often considered a sport for the retired or just for older people who are trying to stay active. Pickleball has a lot of health benefits, such as improving balance, improving heart health, preventing osteoporosis, boosting moods and mental health, and allowing people to make social connections with people of all ages.

For more information on the club, contact [email protected]

If interested, scan the QR code to join GroupMe.