The Cuban Missile Saves MIA From A Crisis
Kai Samuel, Contributing Cartoonist • 4 minutes ago

The full cast promo shot for MIAs production of Little Shop of Horrors. Photo Credit to Chris Dayett
A Look Behind the Curtain: The Production of a Musical
Logan Yarnell, News Editor • 28 minutes ago

Musicals are a much-loved part of arts all around the world. From the Broadway stages in New York to small school auditoriums, ever since the...

Photo credit to Laura Chouette via Unsplash under Unsplash License.
The role of social media influencers in the world of marketing continues to grow.
The Rise of Social Media Influencers in Marketing
Jenna Golec, Staff Writer • 21 hours ago

Recently social media influencers have emerged into the marketing world. With large followings many social media influencers have found a way...

Photo credit to Anthony Delanoix via Unsplash under Unsplash License.
In an era succeeding a global pandemic, how have festivals and concerts adjusted?
Exploring Music Festivals In A Post-Pandemic Era
Skylar Siems, Staff Writer • 21 hours ago

Since the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, musical festivals have undergone significant changes. Understandably, the pandemic has impacted nearly...

Photo credit to 
Rivage via Unsplash under Unsplash License.
There has been a recent surge in the popularity of retro gaming consoles.
The Resurgence of Retro Gaming: Exploring the Appeal of Vintage Consoles and Classic Games
Cade Scarnavack, Staff Writer • 21 hours ago

The Resurgence of Retro Gaming: Exploring the Appeal of Vintage Consoles and Classic Games In 1952, Cambridge professor Sandy Douglas released...

Morning Announcements – 2/22/24

Announcements

Good morning Marco Island Academy, today is Thursday, February 22nd, 2024,  and these are your morning announcements!  

General Announcements: 

Job Opportunities: New Job Opportunity – The Hideaway Pro Shop has weekend and afternoon jobs available.  See Mrs. Ray for more information. 

Coffee Cart:  The Bean Cafe On The Go Coffee Cart will be in the lobby before mentoring on Monday, February 26th!  They will offer cold brew, nitro cold brew, and plant-based lotus energy drinks.  

Activities

Performing Arts: 

MIA NIGHT AT THE EVERBLADES: Unfortunately, MIA night at the Everblades has been canceled due to no sold tickets, and the Blades need our section for fans for First Responders Night of the near sold-out game.

Athletics: 

Lacrosse: Tonight, our boys and girls lacrosse teams take on the Golden Eagles of Naples High School.  Boys play at 5 and girls at 7.  Let’s cheer them to victory.  Go Rayyyyyyyyyyys! 

Daily Affirmation: “Every day is a new day. Even if you were wrong yesterday, you can get it right today.”

Have a Throw It In the Net Thursday!