Photo credit to Laura Chouette via Unsplash under Unsplash License.
The role of social media influencers in the world of marketing continues to grow.
The Rise of Social Media Influencers in Marketing
Jenna Golec, Staff Writer • April 18, 2024

Recently social media influencers have emerged into the marketing world. With large followings many social media influencers have found a way...

Photo credit to Anthony Delanoix via Unsplash under Unsplash License.
In an era succeeding a global pandemic, how have festivals and concerts adjusted?
Exploring Music Festivals In A Post-Pandemic Era
Skylar Siems, Staff Writer • April 18, 2024

Since the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, musical festivals have undergone significant changes. Understandably, the pandemic has impacted nearly...

Photo credit to 
Rivage via Unsplash under Unsplash License.
There has been a recent surge in the popularity of retro gaming consoles.
The Resurgence of Retro Gaming: Exploring the Appeal of Vintage Consoles and Classic Games
Cade Scarnavack, Staff Writer • April 18, 2024

The Resurgence of Retro Gaming: Exploring the Appeal of Vintage Consoles and Classic Games In 1952, Cambridge professor Sandy Douglas released...

Photo credit to Sandro Schuh via Unsplash under Unsplash License. 
The mental health of athletes is a subject commonly overlooked.
Unveiling the Relationship Between Mental Health and Sports
Addison O, Staff Writer • April 18, 2024

Athletes confront a myriad of mental health challenges, ranging from anxiety and depression to eating disorders and substance abuse, largely...

Morning Announcements – 2/21/24

Announcements

Good morning Marco Island Academy, today is Wednesday, February 21st, 2024,  and these are your morning announcements!  

General Announcements: 

Senior Meeting: Attention ALL seniors!  Today during Block 2, there is a senior meeting. You will be dismissed at 10:20am. Be sure to bring a pen.  

Job Opportunities: New Job Opportunity – The Hideaway Pro Shop has weekend and afternoon jobs available.  See Mrs. Ray for more information. 

Coffee Cart:  The Bean Cafe On The Go Coffee Cart will be in the lobby before mentoring on February 26th!  They will offer cold brew, nitro cold brew, and plant-based lotus energy drinks.  

Activities

Culinary Club: The culinary club invites you to start your morning right this Thursday, February 22, with a cold parfait of fruit, granola, honey, and yogurt. Bring three bucks and enjoy a yummy treat.   

Performing Arts: 

MIA NIGHT AT THE EVERBLADES: It’s MIA Night with the Everblades hockey team at the Hertz Arena THIS Saturday night. MIA has their own section. The game is almost sold out, so get your tickets by Thursday night using the special link on the flyers around campus to guarantee your seat! Tickets are only $19.

Athletics: 

Lacrosse: Last night our boys’ lacrosse team took on the bears of Palmetto High School and destroyed them with a 13-4 victory! Tonight, our girls take on the Bears at 6:00 pm away. Let’s come back for seconds!

Tennis: Our girls’ tennis team also won against the Bears of Palmetto High School last night!  Way to go girls!

Baseball: In our home opener against the Paladins of Mason Classical, our boys crushed the competition in a 17-2 win!  Go Rayyyyyyyyyyys! 

Daily Affirmation: A night can NEVER defeat the sunrise.”

Have a Windup Win Wednesday!