The Cuban Missile Saves MIA From A Crisis
Kai Samuel, Contributing Cartoonist • 4 minutes ago

The full cast promo shot for MIAs production of Little Shop of Horrors. Photo Credit to Chris Dayett
A Look Behind the Curtain: The Production of a Musical
Logan Yarnell, News Editor • 28 minutes ago

Musicals are a much-loved part of arts all around the world. From the Broadway stages in New York to small school auditoriums, ever since the...

Photo credit to Laura Chouette via Unsplash under Unsplash License.
The role of social media influencers in the world of marketing continues to grow.
The Rise of Social Media Influencers in Marketing
Jenna Golec, Staff Writer • 21 hours ago

Recently social media influencers have emerged into the marketing world. With large followings many social media influencers have found a way...

Photo credit to Anthony Delanoix via Unsplash under Unsplash License.
In an era succeeding a global pandemic, how have festivals and concerts adjusted?
Exploring Music Festivals In A Post-Pandemic Era
Skylar Siems, Staff Writer • 21 hours ago

Since the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, musical festivals have undergone significant changes. Understandably, the pandemic has impacted nearly...

Photo credit to 
Rivage via Unsplash under Unsplash License.
There has been a recent surge in the popularity of retro gaming consoles.
The Resurgence of Retro Gaming: Exploring the Appeal of Vintage Consoles and Classic Games
Cade Scarnavack, Staff Writer • 21 hours ago

The Resurgence of Retro Gaming: Exploring the Appeal of Vintage Consoles and Classic Games In 1952, Cambridge professor Sandy Douglas released...

Morning Announcements – 2/20/24

Announcements

Good morning Marco Island Academy, today is Tuesday, February 20th, 2024,  and these are your morning announcements!  

General Announcements: 

Job Opportunities: New Job Opportunity – The Hideaway Pro Shop has weekend and afternoon jobs available.  See Mrs. Ray for more information. 

Activities

Culinary Club: The culinary club invites you to start your morning right this Thursday, February 22 with a cold parfait of fruit, granola, honey, and yogurt. Bring three bucks and enjoy a yummy treat.   

Performing Arts: 

MIA NIGHT AT THE EVERBLADES: Join us on Saturday, February 24 at the Hertz Arena for MIA Night at the Everblades hockey game. The game starts at 7 pm and tickets are only $18.  Purchase your tickets by visiting bladestix.com/MIA or scanning the QR code on the flyers. 

Athletics: 

Track: Wish the girls and boys track team luck as they travel to Naples High School for their first meet of the season. Field events start at 3:30. 

Lacrosse: Best of luck to our boys’ lacrosse team taking on the tigers of Palmetto High School away at 7:30pm.

Tennis: Our boys and girls tennis teams also take on the tigers away tonight, with the girls playing at 3:30 and the boys playing at 4:30.

Baseball: Tonight is our home opener game against the Paladins of Mason Classical at 6:00pm. If you’re able to, please come out and support! Let’s knock ’em’ out of the park! Go Rayyyyyyyyyyys! 

Daily Affirmation: Trust yourself. You probably know more than you think you do… Trust that you can learn anything.”

Have a Two-Down Triple Play Tuesday!