Photo credit to Laura Chouette via Unsplash under Unsplash License.
The role of social media influencers in the world of marketing continues to grow.
The Rise of Social Media Influencers in Marketing
Jenna Golec, Staff Writer • April 18, 2024

Recently social media influencers have emerged into the marketing world. With large followings many social media influencers have found a way...

Photo credit to Anthony Delanoix via Unsplash under Unsplash License.
In an era succeeding a global pandemic, how have festivals and concerts adjusted?
Exploring Music Festivals In A Post-Pandemic Era
Skylar Siems, Staff Writer • April 18, 2024

Since the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, musical festivals have undergone significant changes. Understandably, the pandemic has impacted nearly...

Photo credit to 
Rivage via Unsplash under Unsplash License.
There has been a recent surge in the popularity of retro gaming consoles.
The Resurgence of Retro Gaming: Exploring the Appeal of Vintage Consoles and Classic Games
Cade Scarnavack, Staff Writer • April 18, 2024

The Resurgence of Retro Gaming: Exploring the Appeal of Vintage Consoles and Classic Games In 1952, Cambridge professor Sandy Douglas released...

Photo credit to Sandro Schuh via Unsplash under Unsplash License. 
The mental health of athletes is a subject commonly overlooked.
Unveiling the Relationship Between Mental Health and Sports
Addison O, Staff Writer • April 18, 2024

Athletes confront a myriad of mental health challenges, ranging from anxiety and depression to eating disorders and substance abuse, largely...

Morning Announcements – 2/15/24

Announcements

Good morning Marco Island Academy, today is Thursday, February 15th, 2024, still feeling the love,  and these are your morning announcements!  

General Announcements: 

Lucky to Have You Raffle: Today is the day!  Our Lucky to Have You Raffle begins! Mentors, please remember to hand out a raffle ticket to EACH student in your mentoring and be sure to keep one for yourself.  A winner will be selected after mentoring. 

Job Opportunities: The YMCA has several open job positions, including lifeguards, after-school counselors, summer camp counselors, and more.  See Mrs. Ray for job descriptions and how to apply. 

Activities

Interact Bake Sale:  Interact is keeping the sweets coming with today’s BOGO bake sale during A and B lunches. Stop by for some delicious love and heartbreak-themed treats.

SGA Door Decorating Contest

The theme is: Love is in the air!  Decorate only your door, and please don’t cover your window.  Stick to the theme and include your mentees! Judging will take place tomorrow morning.  The winning mentoring class will get donuts!

Sadie Hawkins Dance: 

Go to the Retro-Themed Sadie Hawkins Dance tomorrow, February 16th! Tickets are on during both lunches for only $10.  Please note that although tickets can be purchased at the door, they will only be sold to MIA students.  NO guests can purchase tickets at the door.

Performing Arts: 

MIA NIGHT AT THE EVERBLADES: Join us on Saturday, February 24 at the Hertz Arena for MIA Night at the Everblades hockey game. The game starts at 7 pm and tickets are only $18.  Purchase your tickets by visiting bladestix.com/MIA or scanning the QR code on the flyers. 

Athletics: 

Tennis: Tonight, our tennis teams compete today against Immokalee High School. Girls at 3:30, and 4:00 for the boys at the racquet center.  Let’s snag another dub!

Lacrosse:  Good luck to our boys lacrosse team as they take on the Knights of Village school at home, starting at 6:30 pm.  Come out and cheer them to victory. Go Rayyyyyyyyyyys! 

Daily Affirmation: “When you get tired, learn to rest, not quit.”                                                                                   

Please pause for our moment of silence.

Now, please rise for the Pledge of Allegiance.    

Time for more Valentine’s Day Trivia: We had so much fun yesterday; we are trying it again.  Again today, the first cupid to shoot their shot at the right answer by coming to Miss Scott’s office will get some treats for two! 

The question is “in which country did alpine skiing originate?” If you know the answer, please come to Miss Scott’s office. 

Have a Thrash Through Thursday!