The full cast promo shot for MIAs production of Little Shop of Horrors. Photo Credit to Chris Dayett
A Look Behind the Curtain: The Production of a Musical
Logan Yarnell, News Editor • April 19, 2024

Musicals are a much-loved part of arts all around the world. From the Broadway stages in New York to small school auditoriums, ever since the...

Photo credit to Laura Chouette via Unsplash under Unsplash License.
The role of social media influencers in the world of marketing continues to grow.
The Rise of Social Media Influencers in Marketing
Jenna Golec, Staff Writer • April 18, 2024

Recently social media influencers have emerged into the marketing world. With large followings many social media influencers have found a way...

Photo credit to Anthony Delanoix via Unsplash under Unsplash License.
In an era succeeding a global pandemic, how have festivals and concerts adjusted?
Exploring Music Festivals In A Post-Pandemic Era
Skylar Siems, Staff Writer • April 18, 2024

Since the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, musical festivals have undergone significant changes. Understandably, the pandemic has impacted nearly...

Photo credit to 
Rivage via Unsplash under Unsplash License.
There has been a recent surge in the popularity of retro gaming consoles.
The Resurgence of Retro Gaming: Exploring the Appeal of Vintage Consoles and Classic Games
Cade Scarnavack, Staff Writer • April 18, 2024

The Resurgence of Retro Gaming: Exploring the Appeal of Vintage Consoles and Classic Games In 1952, Cambridge professor Sandy Douglas released...

Photo credit to Sandro Schuh via Unsplash under Unsplash License. 
The mental health of athletes is a subject commonly overlooked.
Unveiling the Relationship Between Mental Health and Sports
Addison O, Staff Writer • April 18, 2024

Athletes confront a myriad of mental health challenges, ranging from anxiety and depression to eating disorders and substance abuse, largely...

Morning Announcements – 2/14/24

Announcements

Good morning Marco Island Academy, today is Wednesday, February 14th, 2024, Valentine’s Day, and these are your morning announcements!  

General Announcements: 

Job Opportunities: The YMCA has several open job positions, including lifeguards, after-school counselors, summer camp counselors, and more.  See Mrs. Ray for job descriptions and how to apply. 

Activities

Interact Bake Sale:  Interact is selling sweet treats at today’s bake sale during A and B lunches. Stop by for some delicious love and heartbreak-themed treats.

SGA Door Decorating Contest

The theme is: Love is in the air!  Decorate only your door, and please don’t cover your window.  Stick to the theme and include your mentees! Judging will take place Friday morning.  The winning mentoring class will get donuts!

Sadie Hawkins Dance: 

Go to the Retro-Themed Sadie Hawkins Dance Friday, February 16th! Tickets are on during both lunches for only $10. Guest forms are now available at the front desk and must be turned in by the 14th.  Please note that although tickets can be purchased at the door, they will only be sold to MIA students.  NO guests can purchase tickets at the door.

Performing Arts: 

MIA NIGHT AT THE EVERBLADES: Join us on Saturday, February 24 at the Hertz Arena for MIA Night at the Everblades hockey game. The game starts at 7 pm and tickets are only $18. Tickets are selling fast and the blades expect a sellout. Purchase your tickets by visiting bladestix.com/MIA or scanning the QR code on the flyers. 

Athletics: 

Go Rayyyyyyyyyyys! 

Daily Affirmation: “Spread love and joy whenever you get the chance.”                                                                                   

Have a We Love Valentine’s Wednesday!