Which Water Bottle Are You?
Which Water Bottle Are You?
Kacie Swanson, Staff Writer • February 23, 2024

What musical are you? Take this quiz to find out!
What Musical Are You?
Michael Martinez-Melara, Staff Writer • February 23, 2024

Which Season Are You?
Which Season Are You?
Cade Scarnavack, Staff Writer • February 23, 2024

Which Gemstone Are You?
Which Gemstone Are You?
Nicole Garcia-Pantoja, Staff Writer • February 23, 2024

morning-anouncements-art-club-a-frog-and-toadrt-club
Morning Announcements - 2/23/24
February 23, 2024

Announcements   Good morning Marco Island Academy, today is Friday, February 23rd, 2024,  and these are your morning announcements!...

Morning Announcements – 12/7/23

Announcements

Good morning Marco Island Academy, today is THURSDAY, December 7th, 2023, and these are your morning announcements!   

General Announcements: 

Activities

Seniors: The deadline for Senior wills, quotes, and activities log is 5 days past due. Please make it easy for the yearbook staff and send in your wills, quotes, and activities. If you do not send them in you’ll be in for a treat ;). You have until the end of the school day TODAY. 

Toy Drive: Please consider contributing to our annual toy drive, which continues through TOMORROW, Friday, December  8th.  There is only ONE more day to bring Christmas morning to underprivileged children who DESERVE the magic of Santa.  Please donate unwrapped presents under the tree by Miss Scott’s office.  Each gift counts as 1 hour for each toy donated.

Seussical: It’s almost musical season! Auditions for Seussical are only 6 weeks away. Join Mr. Dayett after school next Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday for a Broadway Bootcamp – Seussical edition. Brush up on acting skills through exercises and scenes from the show. Warm up those leg muscles with some choreography. And find your diaphragm with some vocal warmups and a song or two from the show. You’ll be all set for your audition in January! Anyone and everyone interested in getting involved in Seussical is encouraged to attend. 

ATTENTION EVERYONE THAT ATTENDS or WORKS AT MIA: Please join us and walk in the Christmas Island Street Parade THIS Saturday!  The parade begins at  6:00pm and finalized staging directions and our meet up location will be posted in all Google Classrooms and on our website as soon as they are announced.  ALL are welcome; MIA gear, festive gear, athletic gear are jollily required!  Questions?  Please see Miss Scott or Mrs. Ray.

Athletics

Soccer: Tonight, our boys and girls soccer teams take on the Shamrocks of Donahue high school. The girls game starts at 5 PM, and the boys start at 7 PM. Come out to support our rays! 

Basketball: Tonight our basketball teams also play Donahue.  Varsity Girls start at 5:00 pm and Varsity Boys play at 6:30 pm. Both games are away. Let’s clip those Shamrocks!   Go Rays!

Daily Affirmation: The holiday season is a perfect time to reflect on our blessings and seek out ways to make life better for those around us..             

Have a Throw Those Things Beneath the Tree Thursday!