• May 30Have a safe, productive, and fun summer...GOOOO RAYS!
  • May 14Fare thee well senior class - thanks for sharing your voice...

Recipients Collette Combs, Gordon Davis, Daniel Heekin, Thomas Heekin, Austin Hendrick, Makayla Hendrick, Isabella Kakaty, Piper Noyes, Celine Schauer and Grant Tirrell being congratulated for receiving the Marco Island Woman’s Club Award by presenter Anne Marchetti Marco Island Woman’s Club and MIWC president Sharyn Kampmeyer.
Senior Award Celebration
Lauren Riley, Associate Editor • May 30, 2024

On Tuesday May 21, Marco Island Academy held their annual Senior Award Celebration in the MIA gym for the Class of 2024. This event highlighted...

Rays Reflection - How To Survive Junior Year
Ray's Reflection - How To Survive Junior Year
Cassie Letendre, Associate Editor • May 30, 2024

Skylar Siems, Associate Editor • May 30, 2024

Photo credits to Brian McGowan via  Unsplash under the Unsplash license.
Disney's Moana - A Movie Review
Addison O, Staff Writer • May 29, 2024

The popular Disney film, “Moana” which came out on November 23rd, 2016, will always be one of my personal favorites. This film is set in...

Photo credits to Bethesda Softworks, LLC via Wikimedia Commons under the Creative Commons license.
Fallout - A TV Show Review
Michael Martinez-Melara, Staff Writer • May 29, 2024

In the past, video games being turned into movies and TV shows had never really worked out. However, video games turning into movies or shows...

Morning Announcements – 11/30/23

Announcements

Good morning Marco Island Academy, today is Thursday, November 30th, 2023, and these are your morning announcements!   

General Announcements: 

Lost and Found: Last call for items in the lost and found, so please check if you have any missing items, because tomorrow is bye-bye day.

SENIORS: This is a very important announcement regarding FAFSA.  The federal government has delayed the release of the FEDERAL AID application until December 31, 2023.  It will not be open tomorrow.  Please see your Google Classroom for more information.  To repeat, The federal government has delayed the release of the FEDERAL AID application until December 31, 2023.  It will not be open tomorrow.  Please see your Google Classroom for more information. 

Activities

Wynne’s Warriors: Get ready…  because tomorrow, Wynne is coming to visit MIA during both lunches! Don’t forget to wear purple to show some love. 

Girls Learn International: The penny war ends TODAY, so it is the last call for any spare change or dollar bills to help your grade level win a pizza party. All funds will go to the Shelter for Abused Women and Children in Naples. 

Toy Drive: Please consider contributing to our annual toy drive, which continues through December 8th.  These gifts help parents provide Christmas morning for underprivileged children who DESERVE the magic of Santa under the Christmas Tree.  Please donate unwrapped presents under the tree by Miss Scott’s office.  Each gift counts as 1 hour for each toy donated.

SGA:   We’re doing something different this month; a Waffle Tuesday in December, a waffle delight to remember – savor the season with Waffle Wonderland Tuesday next week, December 5th. Bring some cash to enjoy the delicious homemade treats served in the Manta Ray Cafe!!

Athletics

Basketball:  Good luck to our boys’ basketball team, taking on the Paladins of Mason Classical at 4 PM away at Mason today. 

Soccer: Our boys’ and girls’ soccer teams are also playing Mason at school away at the Paradise Sports Complex today at 4 PM.  Let’s punish those paladins!  Go Rays!

Daily Affirmation: “There is always light. If only we’re brave enough to see it. If only we’re brave enough to be it.

Have a Throw-Down Thursday!  

ONE TESTING SESSION TODAY – Release 3 students after mentoring…