MIA Committed - Alex Sousa
MIA Committed - Alex Sousa
April 29, 2024

Rays Praise
Ray's Praise
April 29, 2024

What is Ray’s Praise? Ray’s Praise is an opportunity for students at MIA to show their appreciation for others. Whether it’s a classmate,...

April 29, 2024

Announcements   Good morning Marco Island Academy, today is Monday, April 29th, 2024, and these are your morning announcements! General...

Ive spent the last thirteen years of my life in Florida. Upon graduating, I will leave and never return.
Fleeing Florida
Annabelle Frazer, Editor-in-Chief • April 26, 2024

My family and I first moved to the Sunshine State when I was three years old. At the time, it was a perfectly rational decision. The weather...

MIA Committed - Mia Winnik
MIA Committed - Mia Winnik
April 26, 2024

The Great Cafeteria Taste Test

Photo credit to Mario Gogh via Unsplash under Unsplash License. Let’s have a blast from the past and review some of our classic school lunch favorites.

A lot of us remember our elementary school food items, but here is a reminder of some of the classic menu items that you will probably never get to experience again. 

1. Cartons of milk

We all remember the regular, chocolate, and the strawberry cartons of milk. The ones that were impossible to open sometimes and lowkey tasted like paper. We all loved them, and honestly I still think about them every once in a while. Especially the strawberry milk. 

2. The chicken burger

These chicken burgers were nothing more than a chicken sandwich with a different name. They had spicey versions of it too. The chicken was oddly spongy but none of us really said anything about it.  Most likely if you loved these you are now obsessed with chick-fil-a. 

3. The cheese and pepperoni pizza

These were most likely served on Friday as sort of a fun Friday type of lunch. These pizzas were normally floppy and had a little bit of a cardboard taste. No doubt everyone loved them though because TGIF. 

4. Garlic bread

This garlic bread was beyond my favorite meal. How was garlic bread served as an entree? I have no idea but it was. It always had a load of cheese on top and was always served with the saran wrapped salad of just lettuce and at most two cherry tomatoes. 

5. Thanksgiving turkey lunch 

This was served with mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce that nobody ate, that roll that was served with every lunch, and some sort of vegetable. The turkey was some sort of weird cubed in a thick broth substance. 

6. Green eggs and ham 

Last but not least is this special meal served once a year, on Dr. Suess day. It is exactly what it sounds like. Dyed scrambled eggs and some sort of ham substance.