What Sport Are You?
What Sport Are You?
Addison O, Staff Writer • May 1, 2024

MIA Committed - Celine Schauer
MIA Committed - Celine Schauer
May 1, 2024

morning-anouncements-art-club-a-frog-and-toadrt-club
Morning Announcements - 04/30/24
April 30, 2024

Announcements   Good morning Marco Island Academy, today is Tuesday, April 30th, 2024, and these are your morning announcements! General...

MIA Committed - Alex Sousa
MIA Committed - Alex Sousa
April 29, 2024

Rays Praise
Ray's Praise
April 29, 2024

What is Ray’s Praise? Ray’s Praise is an opportunity for students at MIA to show their appreciation for others. Whether it’s a classmate,...

The Rise of Social Media Influencers in Marketing

Photo credit to Laura Chouette via Unsplash under Unsplash License. The role of social media influencers in the world of marketing continues to grow.

Recently social media influencers have emerged into the marketing world. With large followings many social media influencers have found a way to transform the way products are advertised to all age groups. From TikTok to Facebook all users see different brands being promoted by their favorite social media influencers and are immediately drawn into the product. This has grown the amount of consumers interested in a wide range of products. 

One reason why social media influencers have begun to play a major part in marketing is due to their ability to connect and relate to their audience on a personal level. Comparing this to traditional advertising, influencers can create their videos to seem genuine and relatable by showing and discussing ways they use it in their everyday life whereas in traditional advertising consumers were listening/watching scripted videos that they couldn’t relate to on a personal level. Consumers trust the opinion and recommendations of their favorite influencers a lot more than a scripted advertisement with a well known celebrity. 

As media influencers are able to create content that is relatable to their audience, most of the time the products they are advertising are often related to something they are known for or something they are experts in. Influencers often specialize in specific areas such as fashion, beauty, or fitness. Specializing in these things often helps them establish credibility for themselves in these specific fields making it easier for them to attract the target audience the brands are looking for. Brands leverage this expertise by partnering with influencers who are interested or experienced in their products or services, which allows them to reach these target audiences and make it more relevant advertising. 

Where these social media influencers being specialized in specific areas plays a big part on brands wanting to collaborate with them, so do the stories behind the influencers. A major part of advertising is the story behind the products and the influencers selling the products. Influencers normally excel at storytelling, creating compelling narrative around brands and products they are partnering with. Through different personal content revolving around different brands and products influencers are able to attract target audiences and create an emotional connection making consumers more likely to purchase the products they are promoting. 

By including products seamlessly into their content social media influencers can effectively promote brands while maintaining authenticity and credibility. Social media influencers have made themselves into major marketing aspects in the advertising industry. This has been a win-win for both the influencers and the brands because when partnering with each other both benefit, brands gain more consumers and influencers gain more of a following. This advancement in advertising and marketing has been overall beneficial and will continue to grow over the years.