Ive spent the last thirteen years of my life in Florida. Upon graduating, I will leave and never return.
Fleeing Florida
Annabelle Frazer, Editor-in-Chief • April 26, 2024

My family and I first moved to the Sunshine State when I was three years old. At the time, it was a perfectly rational decision. The weather...

MIA Committed - Mia Winnik
MIA Committed - Mia Winnik
April 26, 2024

Collette Combs, Staff Writer • April 26, 2024

morning-anouncements-art-club-a-frog-and-toadrt-club
Morning Announcements - 04/26/24
April 26, 2024

Announcements   Good morning Marco Island Academy, today is Friday, April 26th, 2024, and these are your morning announcements! General...

Cade Scarnavack, Staff Writer • April 25, 2024

Morning Announcements – 3/27/23

Announcements

Good morning Marco Island Academy, today is Wednesday, March 27, 2024,  and these are your morning announcements!

General Announcements: 

Seniors: With college commitment season here, The Wave wants to celebrate your futures! Email [email protected] with a photo of yourself, your major, and your future school (cosmetology, vocational, workforce program, and military are also included)!  You deserve to be celebrated!

Activities

Egg Hunt: It’s time for Little Bunny FooFoo and our school-wide egg hunt!!  

THIS  morning all students that found the golden eggs in their mentoring sessions should report to the mezz when announced at the end of  there are 5 hidden eggs – 4 brightly colored eggs and 1 golden egg.  When we announce the start, scavenge your mentorings to find them and be on the lookout for the special golden egg! 

The first PERSON (not mentoring) to find the golden egg will have the chance to be in the ultimate egg hunt on Thursday morning for the grand prize! For all first-round winners, please make sure you bring the golden egg with you tomorrow morning.  Remember, DO NOT start searching classrooms until  we say start at the end of announcements. . 

History and Culture Club: Bonjour!! There will be a mandatory meeting TODAY during both A and B lunches for the students traveling to Europe this summer with the History and Culture Club.  A lunch will meet in Senora Walther’s classroom and B lunch will meet in Senor Higuera’s classroom. Merci! “

Performing Arts: Happy World Theatre Day! Little Shop of Horrors opens in just 3 weeks. Tickets are now on sale. $10 in advance for students and increases to $15 at the door. Visit MIATheatre.com or scan the QR code on the posters around campus for more details and box office info!

Mr. Dayett is looking for a small crew to run sound and lights for Little Shop. See him for more details. 

Spanish Honor Society: Hola, MIA!  It´s that time again! NACHO time! Spanish Honor Society will be having a nacho sale during A and B lunch this Thursday – tomorrow! Bring some cash to enjoy some nachos and the famous horchata!  Qué Delicioso!

Athletics: 

Winged Foot Scholarship: Attention SENIOR Student Athletes –  Winged Foot applications are available at the front desk.  Applications for this prestigious academic and athletic award are due tomorrow – Thursday – March 28.  Gooooo Rays!

Daily Affirmation:I can’t do everything today, but I can take one small step.”    

Have a Where Will They Be Wednesday!