Where Are They Now?

Gage Frazer – Class of 2016

Briana Stavac, Staff Writer

Gage Frazer graduated from Marco Island Academy in 2016 and later went on to attend the University of Central Florida for his first two years of college. Now Gage currently works as an analytics team lead for a digital marketing agency. While working as an analytic team lead, he was faced with some changes during the Covid pandemic. Gage said, “…it certainly accelerated the transition from traditional media marketing (radio, print, television) to digital marketing.” Although he was faced with that challenge, he was still able to excel within this field in a multitude of ways. 

While reflecting on his years spent at Marco Island Academy, Gage went on to express his enjoyment of certain classes like writing, American literature, along with AICE world history. “I still love to read and write, and I owe thanks to some great teachers for inspiring those passions – most of whom are unfortunately no longer with MIA. In particular, shoutout to Mr. Rients, Mr. Eder, and Ms. Prange,” Gage shared. 

The changes that Gage faced when leaving Marco to explore the world, as well as college, have really opened up his eyes. When contemplating his college experiences, he mentions the new perspectives he has encountered through his classes and friends that have had a massive impact on the values he holds today. When asked how he got himself to where he is today, he responded with, “The people who have helped and taught me along the way are certainly a huge factor – and I’m very grateful to all of my friends, family, teachers, and mentors.” 

“Take risks and be ambitious but don’t forget to chill out and appreciate what you already have.

— Gage Frazer

The advice Gage gives to current students is to not measure or compare themselves to others. He says to take risks and be ambitious but don’t forget to “…chill out and appreciate what you already have.” Once you graduate high school, the training wheels are off, and you get to decide what you want to do for your future!