MIA Committed - Alex Sousa
MIA Committed - Alex Sousa
April 29, 2024

Rays Praise
Ray's Praise
April 29, 2024

What is Rayā€™s Praise? Rayā€™s Praise is an opportunity for students at MIA to show their appreciation for others. Whether itā€™s a classmate,...

April 29, 2024

Announcements   Good morning Marco Island Academy, today is Monday, April 29th, 2024, and these are your morning announcements! General...

Ive spent the last thirteen years of my life in Florida. Upon graduating, I will leave and never return.
Fleeing Florida
Annabelle Frazer, Editor-in-Chief • April 26, 2024

My family and I first moved to the Sunshine State when I was three years old. At the time, it was a perfectly rational decision. The weather...

MIA Committed - Mia Winnik
MIA Committed - Mia Winnik
April 26, 2024

If Pets Ran MIA For A Day

Photo credit to Andrew S via Unsplash under Unsplash License. If the MIA staff was suddenly replaced with pets, what would happen?

If our pets ran the school day instead of our teachers, what would it look like? Would it be as lively as our dogs or as laid-back as some cats?

Surprisingly, if pets took charge, the day might run smoother than we’d expect. There are various types of pets, from the usual to the exotic, each potentially suited for specific roles. Dogs might excel in physical education classes, while a Seychelles giant tortoise could impart history lessons with its serene demeanor. Let’s delve into how a day at school might unfold under their leadership.

Upon entering the school, one would immediately sense a difference. Animals would roam the halls from top to bottom, replacing the usual human faculty. It would be a perplexing sight, with not a single teacher in sight. Despite bidding farewell to favorite teachers the day before, they are conspicuously absent. Initially, one might question if it’s a non-school day, but the presence of other students confirms otherwise.

Seeking clarity, one might wander the school, encountering animals in every corner instead of adults. In the engineering class, instead of Mr. Kraft, an orangutan presides, bringing an unconventional yet strangely engaging approach to teaching. Despite the initial confusion, students adapt and even find enjoyment in this novel educational experience. Surprisingly, the animals communicate fluently in English, adding to the surreal atmosphere.

In Journalism class, the mammoth substitute seamlessly continues the lesson, maintaining a sense of normalcy amidst the chaos. Even during lunch, a multitude of animals provides reassurance, ensuring students that everything is under control.

As the day progresses, each class presents a new surprise. A chimpanzee leads Physics class, showcasing the animals’ intelligence and adaptability. However, in AICE English language class, a chihuahua’s bark commands attention, though its instruction remains puzzling. Despite the confusion, students navigate through the day, eventually leaving as the bell rings.

Returning the next day, everything appears back to normal. Inquiries about the previous day’s events yield puzzled looks from the human teachers, dismissing any notion of animals taking over the school. It leaves one questioning the reality of the experience and where they spent the peculiar day.