MIA Committed - Alex Sousa
MIA Committed - Alex Sousa
April 29, 2024

Rays Praise
Ray's Praise
April 29, 2024

What is Ray’s Praise? Ray’s Praise is an opportunity for students at MIA to show their appreciation for others. Whether it’s a classmate,...

April 29, 2024

Announcements   Good morning Marco Island Academy, today is Monday, April 29th, 2024, and these are your morning announcements! General...

Ive spent the last thirteen years of my life in Florida. Upon graduating, I will leave and never return.
Fleeing Florida
Annabelle Frazer, Editor-in-Chief • April 26, 2024

My family and I first moved to the Sunshine State when I was three years old. At the time, it was a perfectly rational decision. The weather...

MIA Committed - Mia Winnik
MIA Committed - Mia Winnik
April 26, 2024

The Ultimate Study Playlist

Photo credit to Glenn Carstens-Peters via Unsplash under Unsplash License. The perfect playlist can be the best study tool of all.

This student created playlist is intended to enhance your concentration and increase productivity, whether you’re studying, working on homework, or doing research. Every music, ranging from motivating beats to calming energy sounds, has been carefully chosen to provide the ideal ambience for your study sessions. So put on your headphones, choose a comfortable place, and let the music guide you through the obstacle of homework frustration. Together, these songs will take on and achieve those goals for study.

1. “My Home is Not a Home” by d4vd – Medney Garraux

As it resides in the genre of pop, this song brings pure joy and happiness while studying. Not only do the beats put you into a completely locked in mode, the song brings an introspective on the artist’s life when moving somewhere new. Sophomore, Medney, recommends listening to this song!

2. “Funeral” by Phoebe Bridgers – Cassie Letendre

This song leaves me with no words with each listen. Seriously, no comment. Just hearing this song can be a freeing experience, offering comfort and understanding to those who are navigating their own journey through grief. But not only does this song deal with a more serious idea, it still brings a sense of peace. It is considered to be an alternative/indie song and holds meaning to many. This can make for the best study session! Cassie definitely recommends, 100%.

3. “all because i liked a boy” by Sabrina Carpenter – Kacie Swanson

While you are studying, this song might hit a little different as it explores the nostalgic journey that displays the magic of first crushes and the innocence of young romance. Maybe you can relate, maybe you can’t, but either way this song gets you locked in and possibly feeling a few emotions. As this resides in the pop genre, it doesn’t fail to emit a catchy beat to jam out to.

4. “Fireflies” by Owl City – Collette Combs

Collette definitely put this song as a joke but at the end of the day, maybe it could fit into the study playlist. With its nostalgic charm and feel-good vibes, ‘Fireflies’ has the power to lift spirits and brighten even the gloomiest of days. It brings a reminder to embrace the beauty in the simple things and find joy in the wonders of life, which can easily get you in the right mindset for studying. Colette listens to this song 24/7 and would even consider it one of her favorite, listen along!

5. “You’re Gonna Go Far by Noah Kahan” – Skylar Siems

Although I personally chose this song, you can never go wrong with listening to Noah Kahan. With its uplifting melody and heartfelt lyrics, the song serves as a reminder that despite life’s challenges and setbacks, there’s always hope for brighter days ahead. The ambience this song creates is unlike others and I definitely recommend listening to this indie/alternative song. 

6. “White Ferrari” by Frank Ocean – Mary Montgomery

This song has the most perfect R&B melody and entraps its listeners in the relaxing beat. It’s a deeply emotive and introspective piece of music that dives into the complexities of love and loss. While it conveys a more sad message, this can get you into a very soft mood to study. It’s a win win. 

7. “CARNIVAL” by Kanye West (TikTok Rizz Party) – Cade Scarnavack

Cade is obsessed with this song and wishes he was in the “TikTok Rizz Party” to immerse himself in the total experience. Just kidding, but anyways the song ‘CARNIVAL’ is actually extremely hype and will get you motivated and moving while studying. You can find this song in the rap/hiphop genre and you should definitely give this one a listen!

8. “Sweater Weather” by The Neighbourhood -Shane Kohan

This song evokes a sense of warmth and comfort that resonates with listeners. Whether you’re curled up with a loved one on a chilly evening or reminiscing about past memories, ‘Sweater Weather’ sets the perfect mood for reflection and basic studying necessities. As this song resides in the indie rock genre and produces the most addictive melody. Shane recommends this song to everyone! 

9. “Nights” by Frank Ocean – Layla Platt

Frank Ocean clearly has an impact on a ton of people in the music industry as his music produces the most chill beat. This song is considered to be in the R&B genre and it dives into the scenario of living a life connected to rough times. Layla thinks this song is pretty cool and thinks you should listen to it!

10. “Sun to Me” by Zach Bryan – Lauren Riley

The song ‘Sun to Me’ resides in the genre of country but brings a sense of comfort as it consists of a more slow, relaxing rhythm that doesn’t distract you from the hard work you could be doing at the moment. Lauren totally recommends this bop. (She is a bop so it makes sense why she would think this.)

Let us know in the comments if you would actually listen to this ultimate study playlist!