2024 Yearbook Cover Revealed

Piper Noyes
A sneak peak of the front cover of Legatum Volume XIII.

An exciting moment for the yearbook staff and students alike, the yearbook cover for the 2023-2024 school year has been finished.

Back in August,  MIA seniors Piper Noyes, (Editor-in-Chief) Joselyn Stanley, (Managing Editor) and Madison Skrzynski (Activities Editor) sat down together just a couple days prior to their first day of senior year. Together the group shared all of their unique and creative ideas that they accumulated throughout the summer, creating the 2023-2024 yearbook theme.

Noyes created the cover of the 2024 Legatum yearbook with help from the club’s advisor Keith Scaila and critiques from her fellow editors.

“The cover took a lot of thought and dedication to make the cover something that Marco Island Academy’s students haven’t seen before,” Noyes shared.  “We wanted to incorporate all students so they could be a part of the yearbook design too. Having a picture highlighting all students shows that we are a family, and demonstrates what it truly means to be a Ray.”

When the time comes in May when students will flip through the different pages, the editors made sure to add the saying “And with these pictures some memories never fade” on the back cover to entwine their theme, “The Reconstruction of a Camera.” This homage reminds students that the purpose of the yearbook is to reminisce about the many memories students share throughout the year. 

For the final touch of the cover, the team decided to add a visual representation of a camera with a view looking through the lens, capturing all the joyful faces of the MIA’s student body. 

“Every yearbook is unique, but this year’s is extra special. We want to show those who come across the Marco Island Academy 2023-2024 Yearbook that all the students are sincerely acknowledged and appreciated, right on the cover”, said Noyes.

As the editors make their final touches and prepare to share this year’s hard work with the rest of the school, they proudly promise one thing.

“In this year’s book, no student’s story goes unheard.”